This year’s second “Meet Me in the Street” event, a free concert series hosted by the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce, is set for TOMORROW, Thursday, June 14, 2018, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. in downtown Henderson.
Presenting sponsor for this year’s events is NC Towing & Recovery.
Tomorrow’s “Meet Me in the Street” will feature “The Castaways.” A reputable band known throughout the South, “The Castaways” posses over fifty years of experience in the beach music industry. From their beginning in Durham, NC in 1961, “The Castaways” have been pleasing audiences with their unique flavor of Beach, Soul, and Rock N’ Roll for generations of fans. With eight members on stage, “The Castaways” bring a full sound that includes live horns, versatile vocals covering a variety of music and high energy. Don’t be surprised if you hear some current country, Top-40, or a little southern-rock as well!
In addition to the live music and dancing, a kids’ section will also be included this year.
Sponsors for this year’s concert series are Duke Energy and Maria Parham Health – Gold Sponsors; BB&T, Mars Petcare, Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC #6091 – Silver Sponsors; and 3hc, Benchmark Community Bank, Carolina Sunrock, Express Employment Professionals, Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission and Waste Industries – Bronze Sponsors. Contributing Sponsors are CenturyLink, Coastal Federal Credit Union, Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission, Hoyle’s Tire & Axle, NC Motorsports Park and Woodforest Bank.
Promotional Sponsors are Brewer Cycles, Fidelity Bank, Satterwhite Point Marina, Servpro and Union Bank.
The third and final concert of the season is set for Thursday, September 27, 2018, and will feature the band “Liquid Pleasure.”
All concerts are free to the public and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting the Chamber at 252-438-8414 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018