This year’s second “Meet Me in the Street” event, a free concert series hosted by the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce, is set for TOMORROW, Thursday, June 14, 2018, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. in downtown Henderson.
Presenting sponsor for this year’s events is NC Towing & Recovery.
Tomorrow’s “Meet Me in the Street” will feature “The Castaways.” A reputable band known throughout the South, “The Castaways” posses over fifty years of experience in the beach music industry. From their beginning in Durham, NC in 1961, “The Castaways” have been pleasing audiences with their unique flavor of Beach, Soul, and Rock N’ Roll for generations of fans. With eight members on stage, “The Castaways” bring a full sound that includes live horns, versatile vocals covering a variety of music and high energy. Don’t be surprised if you hear some current country, Top-40, or a little southern-rock as well!
In addition to the live music and dancing, a kids’ section will also be included this year.
Sponsors for this year’s concert series are Duke Energy and Maria Parham Health – Gold Sponsors; BB&T, Mars Petcare, Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC #6091 – Silver Sponsors; and 3hc, Benchmark Community Bank, Carolina Sunrock, Express Employment Professionals, Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission and Waste Industries – Bronze Sponsors. Contributing Sponsors are CenturyLink, Coastal Federal Credit Union, Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission, Hoyle’s Tire & Axle, NC Motorsports Park and Woodforest Bank.
Promotional Sponsors are Brewer Cycles, Fidelity Bank, Satterwhite Point Marina, Servpro and Union Bank.
The third and final concert of the season is set for Thursday, September 27, 2018, and will feature the band “Liquid Pleasure.”
All concerts are free to the public and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting the Chamber at 252-438-8414 or [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019