-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Special events celebrating the 50th anniversary of Vance-Granville Community College are set to kick off in April with the college’s seventh annual Dinner Theater event. Reflecting VGCC’s long history of fine arts education and community involvement, the cast for this production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical comedy, “Company,” will include students, alumni and community members.
The dinner theater is scheduled for the evenings of Thursday, April 25, and Friday, April 26, 2019. Dinner will begin at 6 p.m. each evening in the Civic Center on the college’s Main Campus near Henderson. Tickets are available online for $30 each.
Alumni members of the cast include VGCC Business Administration graduate Angelica Bridges of Oxford, in the role of Kathy; Morgan McFalls of Oxford, a graduate of VGCC and UNC-Chapel Hill, as David; Peyton Grissom of Oxford, a VGCC Nursing graduate, as Joanne; and former VGCC student Sonya Holloway of Oxford as Susan. VGCC and William Peace University graduate Rachel Pottern Nunn of Raleigh plays the role of Amy, while VGCC graduate and current William Peace University Theatre Education major Spencer Nunn of Raleigh plays the role of Paul.
The cast will also include two current VGCC students: Evan O’Geary of Henderson as April and Jadyn Jones of Henderson as Marta.
Community members Josh Glasscock of Clarksville, Va., will play the role of Peter; Jonathan O’Geary of Henderson will appear as Larry; Rosemary Richards of Raleigh will play the role of Jenny; Henderson native and current Durham resident Brian Westbrook will play the role of Robert.
Rounding out the cast are VGCC Department Chair of Fine Arts and Humanities Betsy Henderson of Kittrell as Sarah and Jason Sharp of Kittrell as Harry.
Cook Shack Catering of Louisburg will cater this special event with a menu of prime rib, lemon rosemary chicken, roasted red skin potatoes with herb seasoning, roasted vegetables, dinner rolls, sweet and unsweet tea and citrus water. An anniversary cake prepared by VGCC Culinary Arts students will be served at intermission.
Tickets are now available through the VGCC website at www.vgcc.edu/dinnertheater. Audience members will be able to choose the table and specific seats they want at the same time that they buy their tickets online. Patrons are encouraged to purchase their tickets early in order to have the best chance of getting the seats they want for this year’s show.
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019