-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Special events celebrating the 50th anniversary of Vance-Granville Community College are set to kick off in April with the college’s seventh annual Dinner Theater event. Reflecting VGCC’s long history of fine arts education and community involvement, the cast for this production of Stephen Sondheim’s musical comedy, “Company,” will include students, alumni and community members.
The dinner theater is scheduled for the evenings of Thursday, April 25, and Friday, April 26, 2019. Dinner will begin at 6 p.m. each evening in the Civic Center on the college’s Main Campus near Henderson. Tickets are available online for $30 each.
Alumni members of the cast include VGCC Business Administration graduate Angelica Bridges of Oxford, in the role of Kathy; Morgan McFalls of Oxford, a graduate of VGCC and UNC-Chapel Hill, as David; Peyton Grissom of Oxford, a VGCC Nursing graduate, as Joanne; and former VGCC student Sonya Holloway of Oxford as Susan. VGCC and William Peace University graduate Rachel Pottern Nunn of Raleigh plays the role of Amy, while VGCC graduate and current William Peace University Theatre Education major Spencer Nunn of Raleigh plays the role of Paul.
The cast will also include two current VGCC students: Evan O’Geary of Henderson as April and Jadyn Jones of Henderson as Marta.
Community members Josh Glasscock of Clarksville, Va., will play the role of Peter; Jonathan O’Geary of Henderson will appear as Larry; Rosemary Richards of Raleigh will play the role of Jenny; Henderson native and current Durham resident Brian Westbrook will play the role of Robert.
Rounding out the cast are VGCC Department Chair of Fine Arts and Humanities Betsy Henderson of Kittrell as Sarah and Jason Sharp of Kittrell as Harry.
Cook Shack Catering of Louisburg will cater this special event with a menu of prime rib, lemon rosemary chicken, roasted red skin potatoes with herb seasoning, roasted vegetables, dinner rolls, sweet and unsweet tea and citrus water. An anniversary cake prepared by VGCC Culinary Arts students will be served at intermission.
Tickets are now available through the VGCC website at www.vgcc.edu/dinnertheater. Audience members will be able to choose the table and specific seats they want at the same time that they buy their tickets online. Patrons are encouraged to purchase their tickets early in order to have the best chance of getting the seats they want for this year’s show.
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019