100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Sheri Jones, Director, VGCC Small Business Center
Vance-Granville Community College’s upcoming 8th Annual Small Business Summit entitled “It’s All About the Path You Choose – Using the Right Strategy to Make the Best Moves.” will be held on Tuesday, October 29 from 6 to 9 p.m., with registration starting at 5:30 p.m., at the Warren County Armory & Convention Center.
Cost is $1o and includes dinner; attendance limited to the first 300 that register.
The registration deadline is Thursday, October 24. To register, visit https://warrencountync.tix.com.
Maurice Ashley, the first African – American International Grandmaster in Chess, will serve as the speaker. He is a commentator for the biggest chess events in the world including the World Chess Championships, the US Chess Championships, the Grand Chess Tour and the legendary Man vs. Machine matches between Garry Kasparov and IBM’s Deep Blue.
He is also the co-organizer of the Millionaire Chess Open, the highest stakes Open chess tournament in history and was inducted into the US Chess Hall of Fame in 2016. His motivational speeches look at the character-building effects of chess and how the strategies used in the game translate into strategies for life.
The presenting sponsor for this year’s event is NC IDEA, a private foundation with a mission to maximize the economic potential of the people of North Carolina by supporting the formation and fruition of high-growth entrepreneurial endeavors in the state.
NC IDEA President and CEO Thom Ruhe will give a brief presentation on Ice House Entrepreneurship – an experiential, problem-based program designed to empower learners by exposing them to entrepreneurial thinking while immersing them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop creativity and critical thinking, effective problem solving, teamwork, and other entrepreneurial skills – skills that will enable them to succeed regardless of their chosen path.
The event is brought to the area by the VGCC Small Business Center, the Warren County Economic Development Commission, Chamber of Commerce of Warren County and the Lake Gaston Regional Chamber of Commerce & Visitors Center.
Connect With The Author
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020