100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools “Innovative School Options” will open its application process beginning February 3, 2020. The applications will be available from the district office at 1724 Graham Avenue, Henderson, online at www.vcs.k12.nc.us, as well as at the individual schools.
VCS’ Innovative School Options are different by design, with a focused pathway of learning defined for each. There are four available options, all of which require an application and admission process.
EM Rollins STEAM Academy, a K-5 year-round school, focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math. The goal is to inspire the students today through dynamic, innovative and personalized learning opportunities.
STEM Early High School, a 6-8 traditional calendar school, focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. STEM students are innovative scholars with a goal to have high academic results, collaborate effectively, think critically and build future pathways through modern learning.
Vance County Early College High School, a 9-12+ school, follows the early start calendar, aligning with Vance- Granville Community College. The school is a rigorous educational opportunity, focused on having students obtain a high school diploma and Associate Degree within 4-5 years, saving parents up to two years of college tuition!
Advance Academy, a 9-12 school, follows the traditional calendar with a flex schedule. There are three sessions available for students each day, allowing time for other obligations that students are faced with.
The application deadline is February 28, 2020, at 5 p.m. All applications must be turned in to Vance County Schools District Office at 1724 Graham Avenue, Henderson.
STEM Early High School and Vance County Early College will have a two-phase application process, with all applicants being mailed a status update on March 9. Final decisions for all Innovative Option Schools will be mailed on March 30.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020