THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools coordinated a training, led by the National Association for School Resource Officers (NASRO), on January 14-15. Mac Hardy, the NASRO Director of Operations, led the two-day training, which was attended by all Vance County School Resource Officers, representatives from the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, County Government officials and school-based and district administration.
Our work with the NC Center for Safer Schools will involve that our current Memorandum of Understanding is aligned with the best practices from our NASRO training. Our goal is to ensure that, as a district, we are maintaining the highest standards for school-based policing.
At the culmination of the training, Vance County Schools Superintendent, Dr. Anthony Jackson, presented Sheriff Curtis Brame, our school resource officers and Captain Lloyd Watkins a VanceFormation pin. VanceFormation is the district recognition program, recognizing those who are paving the way by rethinking, reforming, reimagining and renewing. Our School Resource Officers are the first recipients to receive the recognition that are not employed by the district.
We are proud to have a team of SROs willing to work to ensure safety is our top priority. We are committed to educating our students in an environment that is welcoming and safe.
Pictures courtesy Vance County Schools:
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020