-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Nurse aide graduates from Vance Medical Academy at Vance County High School were honored during the evening of May 29, 2019, at their pinning ceremony.
All seven graduates have completed their studies and nurse aide training to qualify for the certified nursing assistant exam.
The graduates include: Jenna Dement, who will attend Wake Technical Community College to pursue an associate degree in Early Childhood Education; Nancy Duran to pursue a nursing degree at Vance-Granville Community College; Shirley Lopez-Alor to pursue a nursing degree at Vance-Granville Community College; Lidia Morales Vital to pursue a nursing degree at Vance-Granville Community College; Dayon Thornton to attend N.C. Central University to pursue a degree in nursing or animal science; Emily Valenzuela Valdiolivar to pursue a nursing degree at Vance-Granville Community College; and Dyamond Williams to pursue a nursing degree at Vance-Granville Community College.
Each of the graduates received a lapel pin and framed certificate in recognition of their achievements. Their pins were presented by Rebecca Harris, a registered nurse and their instructor in the Vance Medical Academy.
During the event, the new graduates also participated in a candle lighting ceremony and recited the “Nurse Aide Pledge.” The pledge reads, “I solemnly pledge to uphold the standards of care with which I have been trained and to apply high moral and ethical value to my daily tasks. I further pledge that I will safeguard the confidentiality, respect and dignity of my patients and work only in the best interest of those committed to my care.”
Connect With The Author
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019
- Ballet Arts to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - September 16, 2019
- Thorndale Oaks to Host Fall-Themed Women in Business Luncheon - September 16, 2019
- Joy in the Lord Baptist Gospel Singing to Feature ‘Unashamed’ - September 16, 2019
- UNC-Charlotte 49ers ‘Electrifying’ Offense Outpaces UMass Minutemen - September 16, 2019
- Four Deputies Transported to Maria Parham After Suspect Rams Vehicles - September 13, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Elections Announces Early Voting Schedule - September 13, 2019
- VGCC Experiences Enrollment Growth - September 13, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Host ‘My Little Hero’ Golf Tournament - September 13, 2019