— from Vance County Schools
Our first community conversations to get input on the feasibility of consolidating our middle and high schools are Thursday, January 25, at 10 a.m. in our Administrative Services Center at 1724 Graham Avenue in Henderson, and at 6 p.m. at Henderson Middle School.
We need to hear from our community! Everyone is welcome!
The Vance County Board of Education is gathering input on the feasibility of consolidating middle and high schools. The proposal includes the possibility of consolidating Henderson and Eaton-Johnson Middle Schools for the 2018-2019 school year and Northern Vance and Southern Vance High Schools for the 2019-2020 school year.
We need your input. Please plan to attend one of the meetings below. We need to hear from you!
Note that the dates for three of the meetings have changed from what we previously announced.
For those who cannot attend any of the meetings but still want to provide their input, you may send your email responses to [email protected].
- January 25 — 10:00 a.m. — Administrative Services Center
- January 25 — 6:00 p.m. — Henderson Middle School
- January 30 — 10:00 a.m. — Administrative Services Center
- January 31 — 6:30 p.m. — Northern Vance High School
- February 19 — 6:00 p.m. — Southern Vance High School
- February 26 — 6:00 p.m. — Eaton-Johnson Middle School
Connect With The Author
- Radio, Newspaper, Chamber Present Candidates Forum - October 14, 2018
- CURFEW IN HENDERSON, NC UNTIL 7:30 A.M., OCT 12, 2018 - October 11, 2018
- Weather Briefing: Hurricane Michael - October 11, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - October 11, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - October 11, 2018
- All Vance County Schools will be closed for students on Thursday, October 11 - October 10, 2018
- McGregor Hall – Unique Economic, Cultural Opportunity - October 8, 2018
- Brian Short H-V Dir Emergency Management 11am 9-12-18 - September 12, 2018
- Henderson Optimist Club Respect For Law 2018 - July 24, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - July 23, 2018