100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance-Granville Community College
Officials from Vance and Granville counties recently approved the donation of surplus law enforcement vehicles from their respective fleets to the Vance-Granville Community College Campus Police Department.
These vehicles, both of which are Dodge Chargers, will prove to be valuable resources to help ensure a safe and secure working and learning environment for the faculty, staff, students and visitors of the college, according to Sean Newton, the chief of the campus police department.
The donations of the vehicles were made possible thanks to the collaborative efforts of the County Managers, County Commissioners, and Sheriffs’ Departments in both Vance and Granville counties.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019