100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Don’t miss the 6th anniversary of the Ridgeway Cantaloupe 5K Run on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
Sponsored by the Ridgeway Historical Society, the run begins at 101 Ridgeway – Drewry Road in Norlina at 8 a.m.
The rural and flat 5K route, a USAT&F certified course, starts and ends near the Ridgeway Volunteer Fire Department.
Late Registration and Packet Pick-up: Tommy, the race director, will be at the race site on Friday, July 12 in the afternoon and evening so you can register in person or stop by and pick up your shirt and number. Saturday morning registration will begin by 6:30 a.m.
All runners and spectators are invited to stay after the race and enjoy the Ridgeway Cantaloupe Festival from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cantaloupe, Brunswick Stew, hot dogs, festival refreshments, historical displays, kiddie rides, horse back rides, arts and crafts vendors, entertainment and more!
For more information, visit the Ridgeway Cantaloupe 5K website by clicking here.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019