A total of 17 educators in Vance County Schools completed their participation in the Vance County Teacher Executive Institute (TEI) program for 2014-2015 on March 19.
They were honored at a dinner and ceremony held at the Henderson Country Club after completing four all-day sessions in the leadership program.
The participants are shown in the photo and include, seated from left, Deris Mora of Henderson Middle; Lauren Murvine of E.M. Rollins Elementary; Tonia Davis of Clarke Elementary; Deborah Bullock-Harris of Dabney Elementary; Aarika Sandlin of Eaton-Johnson Middle; and Cynthia Traynham of Southern Vance High. Standing from left, are Erika Barnett of Aycock Elementary; Ana-Maria Topliceanu of Northern Vance High; Joshua Patterson of STEM Early High; Cheryl Jones of Pinkston Street Elementary; Carrie Hoffler of New Hope Elementary; Joy Darden of E.O. Young Jr. Elementary; Analiza Maghanoy of L.B. Yancey Elementary; Sophia Miller-Ford of Early College High; Alison Tiangson of Western Vance High; Mary Frances Wiggins of Carver Elementary; and Bonnie Stallings of Zeb Vance Elementary.
Dr. Rebecca Garland, deputy state superintendent of North Carolina, was the featured speaker for the TEI dinner and closing ceremony. The evening was sponsored by Walmart Distribution Center #6091 of Henderson.
Connect With The Author
- Update: No Serious Injuries Reported in Warren Co. Activity Bus Rollover - March 25, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - March 25, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 25, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019