THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools was recently recognized at the National Convention for Digital Convergence (NCDC) for its success in the Modern Teacher Digital Convergences Framework. The mission of Modern Teacher is to empower educational leaders to make learning relevant for all students and teachers by creating a blended school with the learner at the center.
Vance County has progressed to Stage 3 in the process, one of only 23 districts in the nation recognized. Dr. Cindy Bennett, Vance County Schools Assistant Superintendent, also served on a panel for Digital Convergence during the conference, sharing her expertise in the process with districts from around the country.
The digital framework focuses on the drivers of Leadership, Instructional Models, Modern Curriculum, Digital Ecosystems, Professional Learning and Community. AASA, the School Superintendents Association, has recognized the Modern Teacher Digital Convergence Framework as the nation’s premier methodology for transitioning traditional classrooms to modern learning environments at scale.
Dr. Cindy Bennett shared that “this work has provided the district with a clear process for analyzing the current reality, identifying successes and opportunities for growth, and designing a pathway of personalization of the teaching and learning process.”
Vance County Schools is proud to be part of the Modern Teacher network and excited about the journey ahead, as we work to reach the next stage.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020