THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools was recently recognized at the National Convention for Digital Convergence (NCDC) for its success in the Modern Teacher Digital Convergences Framework. The mission of Modern Teacher is to empower educational leaders to make learning relevant for all students and teachers by creating a blended school with the learner at the center.
Vance County has progressed to Stage 3 in the process, one of only 23 districts in the nation recognized. Dr. Cindy Bennett, Vance County Schools Assistant Superintendent, also served on a panel for Digital Convergence during the conference, sharing her expertise in the process with districts from around the country.
The digital framework focuses on the drivers of Leadership, Instructional Models, Modern Curriculum, Digital Ecosystems, Professional Learning and Community. AASA, the School Superintendents Association, has recognized the Modern Teacher Digital Convergence Framework as the nation’s premier methodology for transitioning traditional classrooms to modern learning environments at scale.
Dr. Cindy Bennett shared that “this work has provided the district with a clear process for analyzing the current reality, identifying successes and opportunities for growth, and designing a pathway of personalization of the teaching and learning process.”
Vance County Schools is proud to be part of the Modern Teacher network and excited about the journey ahead, as we work to reach the next stage.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020