100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Kelly H. Grissom, Clerk to Board/Executive Asst., County of Vance
This memorandum will serve as notice that Chairman Gordon Wilder has called a special meeting for Monday, February 17, 2020, at 4 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Conference Room, Vance County Administration Building, 122 Young Street, Henderson, NC.
The purpose of the meeting is to:
1. Award contract for Industrial Park Phase III construction
2. Approve project ordinance
3. Approve memorandum of negotiation
4. DSS salary adjustment request
5. Other items as necessary
Henderson-Vance Industrial Park Phase III Construction Project
The County’s engineer (Tim Carpenter with LKC Engineering) will be on hand to provide an overview of the bidding process and value engineering exercise which has been completed in order to bring the project within the existing grant budget. A total of six bidders submitted bids with the low bidder (ELJ, Inc.) providing a bid that was approximately $700,000 over budget.
The county’s engineer and staff have finalized a value engineering exercise to reduce the project scope and associated costs within budget. The main impact is that the new roadway will not be paved throughout the entire project area.
The project is funded with NC Rural Ready Grant funds and the NC Department of Commerce has agreed to the reduced project scope. In order to proceed, the board will need to approve a memorandum of negotiation between the county and the contractor outlining the negotiated and reduced project scope and will also need to award the contract to the low bidder. The staff has also provided a budget transfer for review that allocates grant funds into the appropriate line items in the county’s budget.
Recommendation: Approve the memorandum of negotiation and award the Henderson-Vance Industrial Park Phase III construction contract to ELJ, Inc. totaling $2,149,457 subject to final attorney review of contract documents.
Please click this link to view the full agenda: http://www.vancecounty.org/departments/board-of-commissioners/agenda/.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020