-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools has been named a 2019 District of Distinction by the National Beta Club for offering the academic recognition membership to students in all eligible schools in the school district.
In making the award announcement, National Beta officials praised the efforts of Superintendent Anthony Jackson, school chapter sponsors and deserving student members.
This national award recognizes Vance County Schools’ commitment to academic excellence, leadership development and service involvement, and illustrates the dedication to preparing students for college and career readiness. The students in the district understand the importance of these qualities and exemplify the Beta motto, Let Us Lead by Serving Others, National Beta officials noted.
Bobby Hart, chief executive officer for National Beta, contacted Jackson in a letter about the district’s recognition.
In the letter, Hart wrote, “Thank you for all you do as an administrator in supporting the success of your schools, staff and students. We appreciate your continued focus on fostering activities that ensure all students can achieve success.”
Beta Club advisors in Vance County Schools play a major role in the success of the program and recognition of eligible students. Those advisors include:
· Hollie Powell of Aycock Elementary School
· Teresa Hicks of Carver Elementary School
· Myron Duncan of Clarke Elementary School
· Michelle Foster of Dabney Elementary School
· Marian Faulkner of E.O. Young, Jr. Elementary School
· Shaunese Coombs of E.M. Rollins Elementary School
· Sharita Jones of L.B. Yancey Elementary School
· Cathy Oswald of New Hope Elementary School
· Eva Jennings of Pinkston Street Elementary School
· Ashley Pennington of Zeb Vance Elementary School
· Ben Mixer of STEM Early High School
· Vickie Fullwood of Vance County Early College High School
· Pamela Perry of Vance County Middle School
· Bobbi Parks of Vance County High School
National Junior Beta includes grades 4-8 and National Senior Beta includes grades 9-12.
With more than 500,000 active members and 9,000 chapters nationally and internationally, National Beta has become the nation’s largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. National Beta recognizes outstanding achievement, promotes character and social responsibility, encourages service involvement to school and community and fosters leadership skills.
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019