-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools hosted a special event on October 1, 2018, in the school system’s Administrative Services Center for members of the third cohort for the “We Inspire” initiative.
The event entitled, “Draft Day,” marked the beginning of the local educators’ participation in the initiative.
Superintendent Anthony Jackson recognized each of the 45 educators as they marched down the red carpet to sign the commitment pledge and receive their “We Inspire” shirt.
They will now go through several training sessions during the school year so that they can become leaders in their schools to share strategies with colleagues on the effective use of technology to enhance classroom instruction.
The training costs are covered by a $200,000 grant from the Golden Leaf Foundation and sessions are led by representatives of the Friday Institute at N.C. State University.
Those in the third cohort join about 100 other local educators who went through the first two years of training to lead blended learning efforts in their schools. Once fully trained by the Friday Institute facilitators, the educators can work with fellow staff members in their schools to develop effective strategies on using technology along with classroom instruction.
The “We Inspire” initiative is part of the school system’s overall technology plan to increase usage of technology to support instruction by teachers. The key focus of the initiative is to provide quality training for teachers so that their use of technology with students is a positive boost for academic performance.
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018