-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools hosted a special event on October 1, 2018, in the school system’s Administrative Services Center for members of the third cohort for the “We Inspire” initiative.
The event entitled, “Draft Day,” marked the beginning of the local educators’ participation in the initiative.
Superintendent Anthony Jackson recognized each of the 45 educators as they marched down the red carpet to sign the commitment pledge and receive their “We Inspire” shirt.
They will now go through several training sessions during the school year so that they can become leaders in their schools to share strategies with colleagues on the effective use of technology to enhance classroom instruction.
The training costs are covered by a $200,000 grant from the Golden Leaf Foundation and sessions are led by representatives of the Friday Institute at N.C. State University.
Those in the third cohort join about 100 other local educators who went through the first two years of training to lead blended learning efforts in their schools. Once fully trained by the Friday Institute facilitators, the educators can work with fellow staff members in their schools to develop effective strategies on using technology along with classroom instruction.
The “We Inspire” initiative is part of the school system’s overall technology plan to increase usage of technology to support instruction by teachers. The key focus of the initiative is to provide quality training for teachers so that their use of technology with students is a positive boost for academic performance.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019