100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools served 15,220 meals the week of March 16 – 20, 2020. Despite school taking place virtually, VCS is committed to taking care of our students academically and emotionally, as well as by providing meals.
Meal Schedule for March 23 – 26
Meals will be distributed each day Monday, March 23 – Thursday, March 26 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the following locations:
- Aycock Elementary
- EM Rollins Elementary
- New Hope Elementary
- Zeb Vance Elementary
- Vance County Middle
- Vance County High
Meal pick up will be drive-thru. Meal units that are passed out Monday – Wednesday will include two meals – lunch for that day and breakfast the following morning. Thursday distribution will include two breakfasts and two lunches.
We have a blended model of learning in place for our students as we navigate COVID-19, which can be found on our website at www.vcs.k12.nc.us under Remote Learning.
For students who may be feeling depressed, anxious, sad and/or lonely during this time, crisis counselors are available to help by calling 1-844-772-9669. In the event of an emergency, always call 911!
VCS will continue to update you all with the latest information as it becomes available.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020