100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Statement from Vance County Schools:
We, along with the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, have reviewed the footage from the second incident reported to us. District officials have met with the family and offered academic support, resources, counseling and other educational setting options to the student.
Vance County Schools did suspend the assistant principal in question, pending the outcome of the investigation.
The personnel directory information is as follows:
Employee Name: Kevin Ross
Age: 48 yrs
Date of Employment: January 11, 2018
– Mr. Ross has served as an assistant principal on the secondary level since being hired.
– Currently, he is an assistant principal at Vance County Middle School.
– He is on a standard administrative contract.
– Annual Salary $71,400.
– He is currently suspended pending the outcome of the investigation.
We want to give assurance to everyone in our community that we are following all local and state policies and reviewing procedures and processes. The safety and welfare of our students is always a top priority in Vance County Schools.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020