100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
After a full calendar year of staff and stakeholder engagement, the Vance County Board of Education at its regular monthly meeting approved the district strategic plan, FORWARD TOGETHER 2025, which redefines the mission, vision and goals that will guide the work of the district through the year 2025.
The plan includes input from the Board of Education members, parents, students, staff, administrators and school supporters and represents a consensus of over 500 individual voices that engaged in this process.
The FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 plan asks stakeholders to “Reform,” “Re-imagine,” “Rethink” and “Renew” what they believe, think, and do every day in classrooms across the district. The FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 plan is a call to action for our community to critically evaluate daily instructional and operational practices and ensure that all are aligned to provide excellent instruction in the classroom and high student achievement as our outcome.
Included in the FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 Strategic Plan is the approved Vision and Mission Statement. The new Vision Statement is, “To provide an adaptable educational setting where learning is a catalyst to the pursuit of dreams in an evolving society.”
The board also approved the new Mission Statement which reads, “Vance County Schools is committed to providing broad experiences and opportunities to students that enable them to compete globally.”
Over the next five years, district staff will work collaboratively with the board of education, schools and other key stakeholders to implement the FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 plan district-wide. Annually, the board of education will formally evaluate the district’s progress towards meeting the five strategic priorities and their corresponding objectives, and this information will be shared publicly with the community.
Priorities identified in the FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 include improving our progress in areas associated with school performance grades earned by each school, improving discipline and civility in our schools, increasing staff retention, implementation of innovative practices and engaging the community to reach parents and attract students.
The FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 plan will allow both our internal and external stakeholder a means by which to hold us accountable for making progress on each of our stated priorities over the next five years against baseline performance data.
The overarching theme of FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 is to ensure that every student has ample opportunity to reach his/her full potential while pursuing their personalized pathway to graduation and their high school diploma.
The redesign of the district’s instructional model in the FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 plan outlines a focus on providing authentic experiences, modern learning environments, a learner-centered culture and modern curriculum.
By integrating these key change levers into our delivery of instruction, Vance County Schools firmly believes that FORWARD TOGETHER 2025 will allow us to become that true catalyst for student success and future prosperity that every student needs and deserves.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019