-Press Release, Franklin County Public Utilities
Notification of Discharge of Untreated Wastewater
General Statute 143-215.1C requires that the owner or operator of any wastewater collection or treatment works to issue a press release when an untreated wastewater discharge of 1,000 gallons or more reaches surface waters.
In accordance with that regulation, the following news release has been prepared and issued to media in the affected county: Franklin
Franklin County Public Utilities experienced a discharge of untreated wastewater from the pump station on Holden Road in Youngsville. The spill was a result of an electrical control malfunction. The spill occurred at 7:35 p.m. on August 7, 2018, and discharged until 11:50 p.m. The discharge of wastewater was estimated to be 5,025 gallons and it entered into Richland Creek which is a tributary of the Neuse River Basin. Franklin County Public Utilities staff was dispatched to the site and contact sewer hauling companies to pump out the pump station to begin the repair of the pump station.
The division of Water Quality was notified of this event on August 8, 2018, and is reviewing the matter. For additional information concerning this event, please contact Chris Doherty, Franklin County Public Utilities Director at (919) 556-6711. Additional information can be obtained by visiting Franklin County’s website at www.franklincountync.us and our Facebook Page, search Franklin County Public Utilities.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Community Leaders Visit Vance Co. Public Schools During ‘Community to Schools’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Duke Energy Down to Fewer Than 30 Outages in Aftermath of Winter Storm Diego - December 11, 2018
- Reverse Raffle Raises $6,000 for ‘Shop With A Cop’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Watkins Volunteer Fire Depart.’s Pancake Dinner to Benefit Raegan Owen - December 11, 2018
- Gospel Singing & Free Giveaways at Victory Road Baptist’s Pre-Christmas Celebration - December 11, 2018
- Perry Memorial Library Adding New Programs to Winter Youth Lineup - December 10, 2018
- Grace Ministries Now Accepting New & Gently Used Items for Toy Drive - December 10, 2018
- Save the Date: MADD to Hold Next Meeting Jan. 22; Volunteers Needed - December 10, 2018
- Duke Energy Outage & Safety Info - December 9, 2018
- State of Emergency Declared for Vance County; Area Braces for Inclement Weather - December 7, 2018