-Press Release, Franklin County Public Utilities
Notification of Discharge of Untreated Wastewater
General Statute 143-215.1C requires that the owner or operator of any wastewater collection or treatment works to issue a press release when an untreated wastewater discharge of 1,000 gallons or more reaches surface waters.
In accordance with that regulation, the following news release has been prepared and issued to media in the affected county: Franklin
Franklin County Public Utilities experienced a discharge of untreated wastewater from the pump station on Holden Road in Youngsville. The spill was a result of an electrical control malfunction. The spill occurred at 7:35 p.m. on August 7, 2018, and discharged until 11:50 p.m. The discharge of wastewater was estimated to be 5,025 gallons and it entered into Richland Creek which is a tributary of the Neuse River Basin. Franklin County Public Utilities staff was dispatched to the site and contact sewer hauling companies to pump out the pump station to begin the repair of the pump station.
The division of Water Quality was notified of this event on August 8, 2018, and is reviewing the matter. For additional information concerning this event, please contact Chris Doherty, Franklin County Public Utilities Director at (919) 556-6711. Additional information can be obtained by visiting Franklin County’s website at www.franklincountync.us and our Facebook Page, search Franklin County Public Utilities.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Anthony Lamont Henderson Arrested on Multiple Counts of Rape, Sex Offense - February 20, 2019
- West End Community Watch: HPD Provides Tips for Avoiding Break-ins - February 20, 2019
- Recycling Bins are New Addition to Granville Athletic Park - February 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Hold Two-Day Retreat at Expo Center - February 20, 2019
- Henderson Men’s Shelter Adds WiFi, Security Cameras to Assist Volunteers - February 19, 2019
- Space Limited to 15 Participants in Free Arthritis Exercise Program - February 19, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Present ‘Slavery to the Mountain’ - February 19, 2019
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019