The following is a message from the Granville County Chamber of Commerce to Chamber members and media representatives:
Notice of Cancellation of the Annual New Teachers’ Breakfast
It is with deep regret that the 2018 Annual New Teachers’ Breakfast, which has been hosted by the Granville Chamber of Commerce for more than 25 years, has been canceled. The event was scheduled to be held on August 17, 2018, at Mount Energy Elementary School. The event was to be sponsored and catered by Granville Health Systems and gift bags were prepared for the new teachers by the Chamber membership.
The Chamber of Commerce received a statement from the Board of Education, who met Monday evening August 6, and unanimously decided Granville County Public Schools will not participate in the Chamber’s new teacher breakfast this year.
This breakfast has always been a long-standing event that is entirely coordinated by the Chamber and its members. The Chamber has always viewed this event as an avenue to welcome all new educators to our community and promote camaraderie with fellow associates along with community leaders. The Granville Chamber of Commerce wishes the very best of success to our new teachers this year and hopes that this annual tradition is reconsidered in the future.
Please call the Chamber office at 919-693-6125 or email [email protected] with questions.
Granville Chamber of Commerce
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Community Leaders Visit Vance Co. Public Schools During ‘Community to Schools’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Duke Energy Down to Fewer Than 30 Outages in Aftermath of Winter Storm Diego - December 11, 2018
- Reverse Raffle Raises $6,000 for ‘Shop With A Cop’ Event - December 11, 2018
- Watkins Volunteer Fire Depart.’s Pancake Dinner to Benefit Raegan Owen - December 11, 2018
- Gospel Singing & Free Giveaways at Victory Road Baptist’s Pre-Christmas Celebration - December 11, 2018
- Perry Memorial Library Adding New Programs to Winter Youth Lineup - December 10, 2018
- Grace Ministries Now Accepting New & Gently Used Items for Toy Drive - December 10, 2018
- Save the Date: MADD to Hold Next Meeting Jan. 22; Volunteers Needed - December 10, 2018
- Duke Energy Outage & Safety Info - December 9, 2018
- State of Emergency Declared for Vance County; Area Braces for Inclement Weather - December 7, 2018