The following is a message from the Granville County Chamber of Commerce to Chamber members and media representatives:
Notice of Cancellation of the Annual New Teachers’ Breakfast
It is with deep regret that the 2018 Annual New Teachers’ Breakfast, which has been hosted by the Granville Chamber of Commerce for more than 25 years, has been canceled. The event was scheduled to be held on August 17, 2018, at Mount Energy Elementary School. The event was to be sponsored and catered by Granville Health Systems and gift bags were prepared for the new teachers by the Chamber membership.
The Chamber of Commerce received a statement from the Board of Education, who met Monday evening August 6, and unanimously decided Granville County Public Schools will not participate in the Chamber’s new teacher breakfast this year.
This breakfast has always been a long-standing event that is entirely coordinated by the Chamber and its members. The Chamber has always viewed this event as an avenue to welcome all new educators to our community and promote camaraderie with fellow associates along with community leaders. The Granville Chamber of Commerce wishes the very best of success to our new teachers this year and hopes that this annual tradition is reconsidered in the future.
Please call the Chamber office at 919-693-6125 or email [email protected] with questions.
Granville Chamber of Commerce
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Anthony Lamont Henderson Arrested on Multiple Counts of Rape, Sex Offense - February 20, 2019
- West End Community Watch: HPD Provides Tips for Avoiding Break-ins - February 20, 2019
- Recycling Bins are New Addition to Granville Athletic Park - February 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Hold Two-Day Retreat at Expo Center - February 20, 2019
- Henderson Men’s Shelter Adds WiFi, Security Cameras to Assist Volunteers - February 19, 2019
- Space Limited to 15 Participants in Free Arthritis Exercise Program - February 19, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Present ‘Slavery to the Mountain’ - February 19, 2019
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019