One of the two segments of TownTalk on Thursday, June 13 featured Terri Hedrick, Public Information Officer with Vance County Schools. She said the 2018-2019 school year is complete at this point.
There were three uplifting graduation ceremonies this spring resulting in almost 400 graduates from Vance County Public Schools.
Advance Academy Graduation Story
Hedrick said the school system is so pleased with the school year, considering the changes with consolidation and how the challenges were met.
Following a safe and happy summer, remember the 2019-2020 school year starts early for three schools. Vance County High School, Early College High School and EM Rollins, of which Rollins is year round, will start on Monday, August 5.
The first school day otherwise for the remaining schools still on the traditional calendar is Monday, August 26. Open House is August 22.
And, over 900 school system employees will gather at McGregor Hall on Monday, August 19 for the annual convocation.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019