One of the two segments of TownTalk on Thursday, June 13 featured Terri Hedrick, Public Information Officer with Vance County Schools. She said the 2018-2019 school year is complete at this point.
There were three uplifting graduation ceremonies this spring resulting in almost 400 graduates from Vance County Public Schools.
Advance Academy Graduation Story
Hedrick said the school system is so pleased with the school year, considering the changes with consolidation and how the challenges were met.
Following a safe and happy summer, remember the 2019-2020 school year starts early for three schools. Vance County High School, Early College High School and EM Rollins, of which Rollins is year round, will start on Monday, August 5.
The first school day otherwise for the remaining schools still on the traditional calendar is Monday, August 26. Open House is August 22.
And, over 900 school system employees will gather at McGregor Hall on Monday, August 19 for the annual convocation.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - November 21, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - November 18, 2019
- National Weather Service Raleigh: Latest Briefing - October 31, 2019
- SHP Identifies Trooper Struck In Vance County Crash - October 23, 2019
- Trooper Injured During Traffic Stop 10-22-19 - October 23, 2019
- Annual Show, Shine Event Draws Estimated 25,000 Visitors to Henderson - October 22, 2019
- Silver Alert – Robert Duke Miles, Jr. - October 11, 2019
- Mayor Ellington Re-elected; Spriggs Unseats Daye on Council - October 8, 2019
- Local Noon News 10/07/19 - October 7, 2019
- Brian Short Named NCAPCO Director of the Year - September 18, 2019