100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Terri Hedrick, public information officer for Vance County Schools, was on Tuesday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk program to announce her upcoming retirement from the school system.
Hired by VCS in 1998, Hedrick will retire Monday, July 1, 2019, with 21-years of service.
A native of Wilson County and a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill, Hedrick has called Vance County home for the past 40 years.
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time living in Vance County and working here,” Hedrick said.
Prior to joining VCS, Hedrick served as marketing director for Maria Parham Hospital. Hedrick also spent 15 years at what was then known as The Henderson Daily Dispatch as a reporter and editor.
Hedrick has also represented VCS well on WIZS’ Vance County Schools news program that has most recently aired on Mondays. She is wished the very best and will be missed!
To hear the Town Talk interview with Terri Hedrick its entirety, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 10/14/19: Local Airport’s Military Show Kicks Off Veterans Day Observances - October 14, 2019
- Town Talk 10/10/19: HFD’s Fire Prevention Day to Feature Smoke House, Free Food - October 10, 2019
- Town Talk 10/09/19: Ellington, Owens & Spriggs Comment on Election Results - October 9, 2019
- Town Talk 10/08/19: Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Reports 1,300+ Domestic Calls - October 8, 2019
- Town Talk 10/07/19: Granville’s Fall Season Full of Festivals, Farms, Shows & More - October 7, 2019
- Town Talk 10/03/19: Edwards Discusses Medicare/Affordable Care Open Enrollment - October 3, 2019
- Town Talk 10/01/19: Vance Co. DSS Announces Domestic Violence Awareness Events - October 1, 2019
- Town Talk 09/30/19: Code Enforcement, Public Safety on Incumbent Mayor’s Agenda - September 30, 2019
- HPD Chief Credits Agency Cooperation, Public’s Help With Drug Arrests - September 27, 2019
- Town Talk 09/25/19: Police, Jobs Key to City’s Future Says Mayoral Candidate Owens - September 25, 2019