100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Jamie Elliott, founder of Grace Ministries in Henderson, was on Wednesday’s segment of WIZS’ Town Talk program to discuss the organization’s 3rd Annual Thanksgiving Drive.
Elliott, who described himself as a recovering addict, began Grace Ministries as a way to reach those in Vance, Granville, Franklin and Warren counties who struggle with addiction.
“God has brought me so far in my life that I want to share with our community and let everybody know that there is hope through addiction; that hope is Jesus,” Elliott said. “If I can use my life or share anything about my life, I’m happy to do that if it will save one person out there.”
One way Elliott said he gives back to the community is through the annual free Thanksgiving meal which will be served this year at 11 a.m. on Saturday, November 23 at 961 Burr Street in Henderson.
The “Meal and a Prayer” event will feed approximately 6,000 people, according to Elliott, and community donations of traditional Thanksgiving meal items are greatly needed.
“We need 300 turkeys, 300 cakes, 300 gallons of corn and 300 gallons of string beans,” said Elliott. “We need donations and we need volunteers. This huge number is not going to get done by itself and it’s not going to get done by grace alone. We need local churches, local businesses and the community to step out in faith and get involved.”
For more information on how to donate and/or volunteer, please call Bobby West at (252) 432-7124 or Jamie Elliott at (252) 204-3617. For more information on Grace Ministries, visit their website at www.graceofhenderson.org.
Those struggling with addiction or those who wish to help loved ones struggling with addiction are encouraged to attend Grace Ministries’ 12-Step meetings on Tuesday and Friday evenings at 7 p.m. at 961 Burr Street. All are welcome to attend this addiction recovery process based on biblical passages.
To hear Elliott’s interview in its entirety, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- North Henderson Baptist Accepting ‘Operation Christmas Child’ Donations Nov. 18-25 - November 15, 2019
- HFD’s Annual Boot Drive Raises $13K+ for MPH Oncology Center - November 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Commissioner Tommy Hester Announces Plan to Run for NC Senate - November 13, 2019
- Town Talk 11/12/19: Sadie’s Coffee Corner Open for Business in Downtown Henderson! - November 12, 2019
- Salvation Army’s Lt. Smith Talks ‘Phenomenal’ Grand Opening of New Building - November 12, 2019
- Town Talk 11/11/19: Upcoming Veterans Dog Walk ‘Therapeutic’ for Dogs, Participants - November 11, 2019
- Town Talk 11/07/19: Demolition Begins on Maria Parham’s New $3.2 Million Cath Lab - November 7, 2019
- Town Talk 11/06/19: Grace Ministries Seeks to Feed 6,000 for Thanksgiving - November 6, 2019
- Town Talk 11/05/19: Downtown Henderson Continues on Path to Main Street Status - November 5, 2019
- Town Talk 11/04/19: VGCC President Talks Reorganization, Power of Partnerships - November 4, 2019