100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
WIZS Sunday Morning Motivation “The Help Center NC” with Twanna J. Jones aired on Town Talk Monday at 11 a.m. Sunday Morning Motivation airs every Sunday morning on 100.1 FM/ 1450 AM WIZS at 10:30 a.m.
Jones, along with her husband Bobby, owns and operates The Help Center NC in Vance and Granville County. According to the Help Center’s website (www.thehelpcenternc.com), the ministry was established in 2016 to share the Gospel and advocate for the poor, elderly and young by providing the tools needed for families to become self-sufficient through training and educational programs.
Serving those in Franklin, Vance, Warren and Granville counties, the program assists with food, housing referrals and resources to enhance the physical, social, emotional, and economic health of poor and homeless citizens.
Sunday Morning Motivation on WIZS is a way for the service area to hear positive, encouraging messages to improve mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health. The February 16 presentation, re-aired for Monday’s Town Talk, addressed the “loneliness” Jones said some residents have stated they feel around holidays, especially romantic holidays like Valentine’s Day. Putting these emotions into a spiritual context, Jones shared biblical passages on love and handling feelings of disappointment.
The program also featured local author Terry Alston Jones who discusses her book “A Summer With No Ice Cream.” Told through the eyes of a 12-year-old, this novel discusses the importance of making good health and lifestyle choices while young to avoid negative consequences later in life. It is the first in a planned series entitled “Embracing Myself and My Health” aimed at addressing health disparities in the African American community.
For more information about The Help Center and its programs, please call (252) 572-3203 to speak with a representative or email [email protected]
To hear the Sunday Morning Motivation with Twanna J. Jones in its entirety, go to WIZS.com and click on Town Talk.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 04/02/20: NCAFP’s Greg Griggs Discusses Coronavirus Challenges - April 2, 2020
- Town Talk 04/01/20: Pearson Addresses Importance of Online Security, Avoiding Scams - April 1, 2020
- Town Talk 03/31/20: VGCC Small Business Director Discusses SBA Loans, Webinars - March 31, 2020
- Town Talk 03/26/20: Dr. Stephen Pearson Provides Tips on Working From Home - March 26, 2020
- Town Talk 03/25/20: Sheriff, Police Chief Discuss Procedures, Coronavirus Reaction - March 25, 2020
- Town Talk 03/24/20: Mayor Ellington Provides Henderson COVID-19 Updates - March 24, 2020
- H-V Chamber, Economic Development & Partners Support Local Small Businesses - March 23, 2020
- Henderson Men’s Shelter ‘Running Smoothly’ As Season Comes to a Close - March 18, 2020
- Town Talk 03/12/20: Fourth Annual VCS Arts Alive! to Showcase Student Talent - March 12, 2020
- Town Talk 03/11/20: Relay For Life Quarter Auction, Survivor Dinner - March 11, 2020