100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Thomas Falgout, interim CEO of the Boys & Girls Club of North Central North Carolina (BGCNCNC) appeared on WIZS Town Talk Tuesday at 11 a.m. The BGCNCNC represents Granville, Vance, Franklin, Warren and Halifax counties.
Falgout invited the public to celebrate “New Orleans style” at the 4th Annual Mardi Gras Bash to benefit the Granville County chapter of the Boys & Girls Club on Saturday, February 22, 2020, from 6:30 until 10 p.m.
The bash will be held at Thorndale Oaks, 105 W. Quail Ridge Rd in Oxford, and will include dinner, dancing and music by The Retro Band, all in the spirit of Bourbon St.
Tickets for the adult event are available for $65 each, or two for $120, and may be purchased by calling the BGC Office at (919) 690-0036 or visiting the online Event Brite link by clicking here.
Discussing the benefits of the Boys & Girls Club, which serves school-aged children between the ages of 5-18 in after-school and summer programs, Falgout said the outcome for both the participants and the community is tremendous.
“We get one shot to give children the best childhood imaginable,” said Falgout. “It’s not something they get to do over again. The more people that invest in the Boys & Girls Club, the better the childhood and future of these kids.”
Falgout stated that the benefit to the community is proven. “For every dollar invested in the Boys & Girls Club, there’s about $10 in future earnings in your community.”
The North Central NC Boys & Girls Club currently serves approximately 2,300 youth in various programs throughout the year.
To hear the interview with Falgout in its entirety, including more information on the Boys & Girls Club, go to WIZS.com and click on Town Talk.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 04/06/20: NC811 Director Reminds Public to ‘Call Before You Dig’ - April 6, 2020
- Town Talk 04/02/20: NCAFP’s Greg Griggs Discusses Coronavirus Challenges - April 2, 2020
- Town Talk 04/01/20: Pearson Addresses Importance of Online Security, Avoiding Scams - April 1, 2020
- Town Talk 03/31/20: VGCC Small Business Director Discusses SBA Loans, Webinars - March 31, 2020
- Town Talk 03/26/20: Dr. Stephen Pearson Provides Tips on Working From Home - March 26, 2020
- Town Talk 03/25/20: Sheriff, Police Chief Discuss Procedures, Coronavirus Reaction - March 25, 2020
- Town Talk 03/24/20: Mayor Ellington Provides Henderson COVID-19 Updates - March 24, 2020
- H-V Chamber, Economic Development & Partners Support Local Small Businesses - March 23, 2020
- Henderson Men’s Shelter ‘Running Smoothly’ As Season Comes to a Close - March 18, 2020
- Town Talk 03/12/20: Fourth Annual VCS Arts Alive! to Showcase Student Talent - March 12, 2020