100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Thomas Falgout, interim CEO of the Boys & Girls Club of North Central North Carolina (BGCNCNC) appeared on WIZS Town Talk Tuesday at 11 a.m. The BGCNCNC represents Granville, Vance, Franklin, Warren and Halifax counties.
Falgout invited the public to celebrate “New Orleans style” at the 4th Annual Mardi Gras Bash to benefit the Granville County chapter of the Boys & Girls Club on Saturday, February 22, 2020, from 6:30 until 10 p.m.
The bash will be held at Thorndale Oaks, 105 W. Quail Ridge Rd in Oxford, and will include dinner, dancing and music by The Retro Band, all in the spirit of Bourbon St.
Tickets for the adult event are available for $65 each, or two for $120, and may be purchased by calling the BGC Office at (919) 690-0036 or visiting the online Event Brite link by clicking here.
Discussing the benefits of the Boys & Girls Club, which serves school-aged children between the ages of 5-18 in after-school and summer programs, Falgout said the outcome for both the participants and the community is tremendous.
“We get one shot to give children the best childhood imaginable,” said Falgout. “It’s not something they get to do over again. The more people that invest in the Boys & Girls Club, the better the childhood and future of these kids.”
Falgout stated that the benefit to the community is proven. “For every dollar invested in the Boys & Girls Club, there’s about $10 in future earnings in your community.”
The North Central NC Boys & Girls Club currently serves approximately 2,300 youth in various programs throughout the year.
To hear the interview with Falgout in its entirety, including more information on the Boys & Girls Club, go to WIZS.com and click on Town Talk.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 02/17/20: Jones’ Sunday Morning Motivation on WIZS Encourages, Uplifts - February 17, 2020
- Town Talk 02/13/20: Henderson Throws Hat in the Ring of HGTV’s ‘Home Town Takeover’ - February 13, 2020
- Town Talk 02/12/20: Lower ISO Ratings = Savings for Homeowners, Businesses - February 12, 2020
- Town Talk 02/11/20: Celebrate ‘New Orleans Style’ at BGC’s Mardi Gras Bash - February 11, 2020
- Town Talk 02/06/20: Linda Cobb, District 5 School Board Incumbent, On-Air - February 6, 2020
- Town Talk 02/04/20: Jobs, Removing Barriers Focus of Desmarais’ First Year - February 4, 2020
- District Court Judge Asks Voters to ‘Keep Katherine Burnette’ - January 31, 2020
- Attorney Brian Cloninger Challenges Burnette for District Court Judge - January 31, 2020
- Town Talk 01/30/20: First Aid & CPR Save Lives When Minutes Matter - January 30, 2020
- Mast Drug Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at New Dabney Dr. Location - January 29, 2020