100.1 FM ~ 1450 AM ~ WIZS, Your Community Voice ~ Click to LISTEN LOCAL
-Information courtesy the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
As COVID-19 continues to spread, law enforcement agencies are required to take additional steps to prevent the spreading of the coronavirus to our staff and the public. Sheriff Kent Winstead, along with his command staff, with recommendations from a variety of sources of federal, state, and local government agencies has adopted additional restrictions effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
The following restrictions are in effect until further notice or otherwise stated. We appreciate your cooperation and also the understanding of prioritizing the safety of our employees and the citizens of Franklin County.
- New concealed carry applications will not be accepted at this time.
- Concealed carry renewal applications that expire from now until June will be accepted. Any renewals for concealed carry permits that expire after June will need to apply for their renewal after COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Change of address forms for concealed carry permits which the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is not the holder of will not be accepted at this time.
- Fingerprinting will continue to be suspended.
- Only two (2) persons will be permitted in the Sheriff’s Office lobby at any given time.
- Requests for reports will be sent via email or postal carrier. Requests for report copies can still be made by calling (919) 496-2186.
- Jail visitation is currently suspended.