-Information courtesy NC Cooperative Extension
The popular regional Successful Small Farms Opportunities conference will be held at the Louisburg College campus in Louisburg on Saturday, February 16, 2019, from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Topics include the new farm bill and how it affects small farmers; blueberry production and marketing; high-tunnel greenhouses; Industrial Hemp: regulations and growers panel; agritourism opportunities on your farm and farm liability, small farm enterprise budgets; developing a farm commercial kitchen and more.
In addition, there will be a free seed exchange again this year for participants. There will be a small fee to participate in the conference.
To register for the conference and for more information, please call the Franklin County Cooperative Extension Office at 919-496-3344 or email [email protected] for program details.
Visit our website, https://franklin.ces.ncsu.edu/ for additional information.
Connect With The Author
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 79 Students to Fall Semester President’s List - April 18, 2019
- Reminder: Eichner to Perform at McGregor Hall Friday Evening - April 18, 2019
- Troxler Encourages Horse Owners to Vaccinate Against Mosquito-Borne Diseases - April 18, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff Partners With ALE to Make Drug Arrests, Seizures - April 18, 2019
- Kerr Lake Set for T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League Tournament - April 17, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Recent Untreated Wastewater Discharges - April 17, 2019