— info courtesy Kelly Grissom, Clerk to the Board
Vance County Commissioners Chairman Archie B. Taylor, Jr. has called a special meeting for Monday, June 17, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Conference Room, Vance County Administration Building, 122 Young Street, Henderson,
NC. The purpose of the meeting is to:
- Adopt the FY 2019-20 Budget Ordinance
- Approve Salary Progression Plan Policy
- Other items as necessary
The Vance County Water District Board will also be called to order to adopt the FY 2019-20 Water District Budget Ordinance.
Vance County Policy and Procedure Manual – Salary Progression Plan
To establish the guidelines for salary progression within established ranges dependent upon the completion of County service and performance.
To all regular full-time County employees in a budgeted, salaried position.
- To provide a mechanism to move career employees from the entry level hiring rate through the salary range
- To motivate and reward employees who achieve performance objectives
- To encourage the continued service of quality employees with Vance County
- Every other fiscal year employees would be eligible for a merit increase based on performance measures and years of service. The salary adjustments will be effective the pay cycle following the employees’ anniversary.
- Employee evaluations must be completed and received in a timely manner.
- Two – Seven years up to 2% increase
- Eight years and greater up to 1.5% increase
- Increases are contingent upon available funding in the budget each year
*All eligibility is based on years of service and meeting certain performance measures
Other changes effective with this implementation:
- Existing Longevity Plan – Employees with a date of hire 6/30/19 or prior will be grandfathered under the existing longevity plan.
- EMS – Effective 7/1/19 all Paramedics will follow the new Salary Progression Plan. Those hired before 7/1/19 will be grandfathered under the existing merit program and will transition to the new Salary Progression Plan after five years of service. Paramedics hired with experience can be hired above the hiring rate with proper approval. These situations will be determined on as case-by-case basis.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019