Vance County Sheriff Curtis Brame informed WIZS News Friday evening that a juvenile took a loaded gun to Clarke Elementary School on Thursday.
In a press release earlier Friday, the Sheriff said, “On Thursday, June 13, 2019, Vance County Deputies were dispatched to Clarke Elementary School at 309 Mt. Carmel Church Road.”
When deputies arrived, it was discovered that a weapon had been found in the possession of a student. Sheriff Brame’s press release continued saying, “School officials had possession of the weapon at the time of arrival.”
The student will be charged on petitions according to state law. “He was placed into the custody of juvenile services,” Brame said in the press release.
The matter remains under investigation.
No other information is available at this time, including how the juvenile obtained the weapon and how adults who may be responsible in this matter will be charged.
Despite the fact that most citizens associate graduation weekend with the end of the school year, students in Vance County Public Schools went to school in several locations this week.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - December 5, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - December 5, 2019
- News 11-27-19 - November 27, 2019
- National Weather Service Raleigh: Latest Briefing - October 31, 2019
- SHP Identifies Trooper Struck In Vance County Crash - October 23, 2019
- Trooper Injured During Traffic Stop 10-22-19 - October 23, 2019
- Annual Show, Shine Event Draws Estimated 25,000 Visitors to Henderson - October 22, 2019
- Silver Alert – Robert Duke Miles, Jr. - October 11, 2019
- Mayor Ellington Re-elected; Spriggs Unseats Daye on Council - October 8, 2019
- Local Noon News 10/07/19 - October 7, 2019