Vance County Sheriff Curtis Brame informed WIZS News Friday evening that a juvenile took a loaded gun to Clarke Elementary School on Thursday.
In a press release earlier Friday, the Sheriff said, “On Thursday, June 13, 2019, Vance County Deputies were dispatched to Clarke Elementary School at 309 Mt. Carmel Church Road.”
When deputies arrived, it was discovered that a weapon had been found in the possession of a student. Sheriff Brame’s press release continued saying, “School officials had possession of the weapon at the time of arrival.”
The student will be charged on petitions according to state law. “He was placed into the custody of juvenile services,” Brame said in the press release.
The matter remains under investigation.
No other information is available at this time, including how the juvenile obtained the weapon and how adults who may be responsible in this matter will be charged.
Despite the fact that most citizens associate graduation weekend with the end of the school year, students in Vance County Public Schools went to school in several locations this week.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - August 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - August 19, 2019
- WIZS Celebration; 3p-7p, Saturday; Ribeyes of Hend; Rick Strickland Band Live - August 14, 2019
- Town Talk 08/12/19 - August 12, 2019
- Governor Roy Cooper Shows Support for NC House Rep. Terry Garrison - August 6, 2019
- Governor’s Veto Affirms Henderson Remains KLRWS Managing Partner - August 2, 2019
- Town Talk 07/29/19 - July 29, 2019
- Search Process For New City Manager Begins - July 25, 2019
- Town Talk: Garrison Discusses DHHS Move, Medicaid – 07/15/19 - July 15, 2019
- Henderson Police Officer Shot While Investigating Earlier Shooting - July 11, 2019