Vance County Sheriff Curtis Brame informed WIZS News Friday evening that a juvenile took a loaded gun to Clarke Elementary School on Thursday.
In a press release earlier Friday, the Sheriff said, “On Thursday, June 13, 2019, Vance County Deputies were dispatched to Clarke Elementary School at 309 Mt. Carmel Church Road.”
When deputies arrived, it was discovered that a weapon had been found in the possession of a student. Sheriff Brame’s press release continued saying, “School officials had possession of the weapon at the time of arrival.”
The student will be charged on petitions according to state law. “He was placed into the custody of juvenile services,” Brame said in the press release.
The matter remains under investigation.
No other information is available at this time, including how the juvenile obtained the weapon and how adults who may be responsible in this matter will be charged.
Despite the fact that most citizens associate graduation weekend with the end of the school year, students in Vance County Public Schools went to school in several locations this week.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019