— courtesy VGCC
Vance-Granville Community College’s Student Government Association (SGA) has installed a group of officers to serve during the 2017-2018 year.
The officers, elected by VGCC students earlier in the fall semester, include President Sovanny “Sophie” Taylor of Louisburg, Vice-President Aaron Williams of Kittrell, Secretary/Treasurer Brianna Barnes of Manson, Parliamentarian Jai Butts of Durham, and Public Information Officer Fakea Walker of Oxford. All five are students in the College Transfer program at VGCC. Taylor and Williams are both Franklin County Early College High School students.
As SGA president, Taylor is also the student trustee, representing the interests of her fellow students at all meetings of the VGCC Board of Trustees.
The Student Government Association is designed to promote the general welfare of the college in a democratic fashion and to facilitate communication among the student body, the faculty, and the administration. SGA also provides a means through which students can promote interest in student activities, both on and off campus. For more information on SGA, contact Jermiel Hargrove, coordinator of Student Activities and Athletics, at (252) 738-3246.
(VGCC is an advertising client of WIZS.)
Connect With The Author
- Karen Peck & New River Bring A Spiritual ‘Revival’ To Henderson - February 20, 2018
- VGCC students awarded Golden LEAF scholarships - February 20, 2018
- Bank Robbery Suspect Apprehended (2-20-18) - February 20, 2018
- Individual Shot Near Marketplace Saturday – Suspect Surrendered Monday - February 19, 2018
- VGCC receives $200,000 grant from Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas to connect students with apprenticeship opportunities - February 16, 2018
- HPD Officer Involved Shooting Feb 15, 2018 - February 16, 2018
- HPD Traffic Stop Yields Two Drug Arrests 2-14-18 - February 15, 2018
- HPD Looking for Suspect in Medical Arts Theft - February 15, 2018
- Henderson City Council Planning Retreat 2018 - February 15, 2018
- VGCC to hold Business Technologies event - February 15, 2018