— courtesy VGCC
Vance-Granville Community College’s Student Government Association (SGA) has installed a group of officers to serve during the 2017-2018 year.
The officers, elected by VGCC students earlier in the fall semester, include President Sovanny “Sophie” Taylor of Louisburg, Vice-President Aaron Williams of Kittrell, Secretary/Treasurer Brianna Barnes of Manson, Parliamentarian Jai Butts of Durham, and Public Information Officer Fakea Walker of Oxford. All five are students in the College Transfer program at VGCC. Taylor and Williams are both Franklin County Early College High School students.
As SGA president, Taylor is also the student trustee, representing the interests of her fellow students at all meetings of the VGCC Board of Trustees.
The Student Government Association is designed to promote the general welfare of the college in a democratic fashion and to facilitate communication among the student body, the faculty, and the administration. SGA also provides a means through which students can promote interest in student activities, both on and off campus. For more information on SGA, contact Jermiel Hargrove, coordinator of Student Activities and Athletics, at (252) 738-3246.
(VGCC is an advertising client of WIZS.)
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018