— courtesy VGCC
Vance-Granville Community College’s Student Government Association (SGA) has installed a group of officers to serve during the 2017-2018 year.
The officers, elected by VGCC students earlier in the fall semester, include President Sovanny “Sophie” Taylor of Louisburg, Vice-President Aaron Williams of Kittrell, Secretary/Treasurer Brianna Barnes of Manson, Parliamentarian Jai Butts of Durham, and Public Information Officer Fakea Walker of Oxford. All five are students in the College Transfer program at VGCC. Taylor and Williams are both Franklin County Early College High School students.
As SGA president, Taylor is also the student trustee, representing the interests of her fellow students at all meetings of the VGCC Board of Trustees.
The Student Government Association is designed to promote the general welfare of the college in a democratic fashion and to facilitate communication among the student body, the faculty, and the administration. SGA also provides a means through which students can promote interest in student activities, both on and off campus. For more information on SGA, contact Jermiel Hargrove, coordinator of Student Activities and Athletics, at (252) 738-3246.
(VGCC is an advertising client of WIZS.)
Connect With The Author
- Oxford’s ‘Music on Main’ Series Continues With BIG LOVE - August 21, 2018
- Maria Parham Health’s Volunteer Services to Host “Books Are Fun” Sale - August 21, 2018
- City of Oxford Seeking Local Photographs for Annual Greeting Card - August 21, 2018
- Upchurch Charged With Two Counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon - August 21, 2018
- Vance Co. Water Topic of Tuesday’s Called Commissioners’ Meeting - August 20, 2018
- Granville Co. Public Schools Celebrate Arrival of New Teachers - August 20, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Saturday Swim Lessons This Fall - August 20, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Committee Meeting Rescheduled for Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 20, 2018
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018