100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Vance County Sheriff’s Office and Vance County Schools
On December 12, 2019, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office responded to a complaint by Vance County Schools regarding the Assault on a juvenile by a law enforcement officer. The Vance County Sheriff’s Office reviewed the videotape and referred the matter to the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
The Deputy involved in the matter was placed on administrative leave pending the investigation by the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation.
Vance County Schools released this statement regarding the incident:
We are aware of the incident that occurred at Vance County Middle School involving a school resource officer. We are deeply concerned about the actions that took place.
School and district officials are working closely and in full cooperation with the local authorities to address this matter consistent with school board policy and state laws. The safety of our students has been and continues to be of the utmost importance to our district.
Should you have further questions, please direct those to the Vance County Sheriff’s Office.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020