100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Kerr-Tar Regional Council of Governments
On Thursday, October 10, 2019, the Kerr-Tar Area Agency on Aging along with the Vance County Senior Center has scheduled a SCAM JAM to help educate seniors on how to protect themselves from fraud and scams.
The Vance County SCAM JAM is a free educational and entertaining forum where seniors will learn to avoid today’s scams and frauds – from identity theft to telemarketing, Medicare fraud and even Grandparent Scams.
Seminar registration will begin at 1 p.m., and the event will start at 1:30 p.m. The seminar will be held at the Vance County Senior Center, 126 S. Garnett Street, Henderson, NC.
The SCAM JAM is designed to empower citizens to protect themselves and their families. Scheduled speakers include representatives of the Senior Medicare Patrol from the NC Department of Insurance, NC Department Secretary of State, Better Business Bureau as well as the local law enforcement and bankers.
The Kerr Tar Area Agency on Aging leads and is involved in the efforts that provide for the development and enhancement of comprehensive and coordinated community-based systems of services, opportunities, and protections for older adults which assist them in leading independent, meaningful and dignified lives in their own homes and communities for as long as possible.
The agency serves Franklin, Granville, Person, Vance and Warren County.
For more information about the Kerr Tar Area Agency on Aging, please call 252-436-2040.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019