-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
Join the Extension Master Gardener volunteers for a drop-in celebration of the official opening and dedication of the Memorial Garden at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market. This event will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The garden is dedicated to the memory of Master Gardener volunteers who are no longer with us. It features drought-tolerant plants that attract pollinators and other beneficial insects and is also a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
The garden will also provide inspiration to area gardeners for new plants to try in their own landscapes. This beautiful space of peace, beauty and reflection was built entirely through contributions and the dedicated effort of the Master Gardener volunteers of Vance and Warren Counties.
Light refreshments will be served and a short program will take place at 10:30 a.m. The Master Gardener volunteers then invite you to stroll around the garden and visit.
The Vance County Regional Farmers Market is located at 210 Southpark Drive in Henderson. For more information, call 252-438-8188 or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020