-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
Join the Extension Master Gardener volunteers for a drop-in celebration of the official opening and dedication of the Memorial Garden at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market. This event will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The garden is dedicated to the memory of Master Gardener volunteers who are no longer with us. It features drought-tolerant plants that attract pollinators and other beneficial insects and is also a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
The garden will also provide inspiration to area gardeners for new plants to try in their own landscapes. This beautiful space of peace, beauty and reflection was built entirely through contributions and the dedicated effort of the Master Gardener volunteers of Vance and Warren Counties.
Light refreshments will be served and a short program will take place at 10:30 a.m. The Master Gardener volunteers then invite you to stroll around the garden and visit.
The Vance County Regional Farmers Market is located at 210 Southpark Drive in Henderson. For more information, call 252-438-8188 or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019
- Emergency Plan, Golf Cart Ordinance Topics for Public Safety Meeting - September 17, 2019
- St. Andrews Christian Church to Hold Homecoming Celebration - September 17, 2019
- Granville’s Tourism Development Authority Awarded for Marketing Campaign - September 17, 2019
- Granville Sheriff Brindell Wilkins Indicted for Obstruction of Justice - September 17, 2019
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019