-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
Join the Extension Master Gardener volunteers for a drop-in celebration of the official opening and dedication of the Memorial Garden at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market. This event will take place on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The garden is dedicated to the memory of Master Gardener volunteers who are no longer with us. It features drought-tolerant plants that attract pollinators and other beneficial insects and is also a Certified Wildlife Habitat.
The garden will also provide inspiration to area gardeners for new plants to try in their own landscapes. This beautiful space of peace, beauty and reflection was built entirely through contributions and the dedicated effort of the Master Gardener volunteers of Vance and Warren Counties.
Light refreshments will be served and a short program will take place at 10:30 a.m. The Master Gardener volunteers then invite you to stroll around the garden and visit.
The Vance County Regional Farmers Market is located at 210 Southpark Drive in Henderson. For more information, call 252-438-8188 or email [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Henderson Residents Part of Large-Scale Money Laundering, Stolen Goods Case - June 20, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market Set for Business After Hours Event - June 20, 2019
- St. Andrews Presbyterian to Hold Yard Sale in New Pavilion - June 20, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Education to Hold Special Work Session – June 25 - June 20, 2019
- Greater New Life Ministries of Franklinton to Celebrate Second Anniversary - June 20, 2019
- City Urges Residents to Complete Online Litter Survey - June 19, 2019
- Classic Car Cruise-In to Feature Announcer Mike Joy, Music Legend Jackie Gore - June 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Provides Free Summer Meals for Local Children - June 19, 2019
- Granville County JCPC Recognizes Beeler For Years of Service - June 19, 2019
- City of Oxford Seeking Downtown, Historical Pictures - June 19, 2019