-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce’s September/October newsletter
The Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce, along with the Henderson Police Department (HPD) and the Vance County Sheriff ’s Department, are partnering again to host the third annual reverse raffle. Presenting Sponsor is Maria Parham Health.
This annual event benefits a program serving local underprivileged children called “Shop With a Cop” along with the Chamber of Commerce and its efforts to help local business. The event is scheduled for Saturday, November 10 and will be held at Henderson Country Club beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and include dinner for two, a chance at the $5,000 grand prize and a dance at the completion of the raffle. Throughout the evening, guests will be given opportunities to bid on various silent auction items as well as two reserved tickets which will be auctioned toward the end of the ticket drawing. Three reserved tickets will also be raffled during the course of the evening.
The “Shop With a Cop” activity will take place in December at which time members of the HPD and Sheriff ’s Department will take local underprivileged children shopping with local retailers for Christmas. A certain dollar amount of the proceeds raised will be set aside for each participating child. There has been a great turnout for the past two years and we are expecting no less this year. “This fundraiser allows us to do a lot of good for the local community with the proceeds and the HPD and Sheriff ’s office are always anxious to do what we can to help local children”, said Police Chief Marcus Barrow.
There are still opportunities for local businesses to donate silent auction items. If you or your business would like to purchase tickets, donate items or get more information, contact the HPD, Vance County Sheriff ’s Department or the Chamber office at 252-438-8414.
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019