-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce’s September/October newsletter
The Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce, along with the Henderson Police Department (HPD) and the Vance County Sheriff ’s Department, are partnering again to host the third annual reverse raffle. Presenting Sponsor is Maria Parham Health.
This annual event benefits a program serving local underprivileged children called “Shop With a Cop” along with the Chamber of Commerce and its efforts to help local business. The event is scheduled for Saturday, November 10 and will be held at Henderson Country Club beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are on sale now and include dinner for two, a chance at the $5,000 grand prize and a dance at the completion of the raffle. Throughout the evening, guests will be given opportunities to bid on various silent auction items as well as two reserved tickets which will be auctioned toward the end of the ticket drawing. Three reserved tickets will also be raffled during the course of the evening.
The “Shop With a Cop” activity will take place in December at which time members of the HPD and Sheriff ’s Department will take local underprivileged children shopping with local retailers for Christmas. A certain dollar amount of the proceeds raised will be set aside for each participating child. There has been a great turnout for the past two years and we are expecting no less this year. “This fundraiser allows us to do a lot of good for the local community with the proceeds and the HPD and Sheriff ’s office are always anxious to do what we can to help local children”, said Police Chief Marcus Barrow.
There are still opportunities for local businesses to donate silent auction items. If you or your business would like to purchase tickets, donate items or get more information, contact the HPD, Vance County Sheriff ’s Department or the Chamber office at 252-438-8414.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Middle & High School Win First Place in State Video Contest - November 14, 2018
- Baker Tapped as Publisher for High Point Newspaper - November 14, 2018
- Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for U.S. 401 Improvements Project - November 14, 2018
- Locally-Based Gifted Faithful Ministries Assisting Orphans in India - November 14, 2018
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018