-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce’s March/April 2019 Focus newsletter
The 2019 “Meet Me in the Street” series begins with a Thursday, May 16 concert featuring The Castaways. This year’s concert events are presented to the local community by Presenting Sponsor NC Towing & Recovery.
Bring the kids out to enjoy the Kids Zone sponsored by Country Snacks Manufacturing and Wise Snacks. There will be a variety of food vendors to enjoy – Frostbites, Da Real Deal, Jerry’s Footlong, Chewly Delicious, Next Door Bistro, and J D Tacos. Adult beverages will also be available.
A reputable band known throughout the South, The Castaways possess over fifty years of experience in the beach music industry. From it’s beginning in Durham, NC in 1961, The Castaways have been pleasing audiences with their unique flavor of Beach, Soul, and Rock N’ Roll for generations of fans. With eight members on stage, The Castaways bring a full sound that includes live horns, versatile vocals covering a variety of music and high energy. Don’t be surprised if you hear some current country, Top-40, or a little southern-rock as well!
The second and final concert for 2019 is set for Thursday, June 13 and will host “The Konnection Band.” This band is a local favorite and is one of the East Coast’s premiere party bands, specializing in a variety of music including Top 40, Rock, Country, R & B, Beach and Oldies.
Presenting sponsor for this year’s concerts is NC Towing & Recovery. Other sponsors for the 2019 series are Duke Energy and Maria Parham Health – Gold Sponsors; Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC #6091 – Silver Sponsors; 3HC, BB&T, Benchmark Community Bank, Carolina Sunrock, Express Employment Professionals, MARS Petcare and Waste Industries – Bronze Sponsors.
Contributing Sponsors are Auto Connection, Brewer Cycles, Franklin Brothers Nursery, Planet Fitness, TCS/Thermo King, United Sports Automotive & Tire Shops #1 & 2, and Woodforest Bank.
Advocate Sponsors are Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission and Union Bank. Promotional Sponsor is Servpro.
All concerts are free to the public and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting the Chamber at (252) 438-8414 or email [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Makes Arrests in Heroin Trafficking Cases - May 22, 2019
- Location Change for Vance Public Safety Meeting on Fire Matters - May 22, 2019
- Granville Athletic Park Reaches 15-Year Milestone - May 22, 2019
- Local Youth Ages 4-12 Needed for Competitive Football League - May 22, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Gearing Up for Youth Summer Reading Program - May 21, 2019
- State Vet Encourages Livestock Owners to Vaccinate Before Peak Rabies Season - May 21, 2019
- H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Cheerleading Registration Begins June 3 - May 21, 2019
- VGCC Graduates 15 Cadets in 108th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class - May 20, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Memorial Day Sanitation Schedule - May 20, 2019
- Dedication Ceremonies Being Held for New Dog Park, Renamed Rollins Ave. Park - May 20, 2019