-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce’s March/April 2019 Focus newsletter
The 2019 “Meet Me in the Street” series begins with a Thursday, May 16 concert featuring The Castaways. This year’s concert events are presented to the local community by Presenting Sponsor NC Towing & Recovery.
Bring the kids out to enjoy the Kids Zone sponsored by Country Snacks Manufacturing and Wise Snacks. There will be a variety of food vendors to enjoy – Frostbites, Da Real Deal, Jerry’s Footlong, Chewly Delicious, Next Door Bistro, and J D Tacos. Adult beverages will also be available.
A reputable band known throughout the South, The Castaways possess over fifty years of experience in the beach music industry. From it’s beginning in Durham, NC in 1961, The Castaways have been pleasing audiences with their unique flavor of Beach, Soul, and Rock N’ Roll for generations of fans. With eight members on stage, The Castaways bring a full sound that includes live horns, versatile vocals covering a variety of music and high energy. Don’t be surprised if you hear some current country, Top-40, or a little southern-rock as well!
The second and final concert for 2019 is set for Thursday, June 13 and will host “The Konnection Band.” This band is a local favorite and is one of the East Coast’s premiere party bands, specializing in a variety of music including Top 40, Rock, Country, R & B, Beach and Oldies.
Presenting sponsor for this year’s concerts is NC Towing & Recovery. Other sponsors for the 2019 series are Duke Energy and Maria Parham Health – Gold Sponsors; Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC #6091 – Silver Sponsors; 3HC, BB&T, Benchmark Community Bank, Carolina Sunrock, Express Employment Professionals, MARS Petcare and Waste Industries – Bronze Sponsors.
Contributing Sponsors are Auto Connection, Brewer Cycles, Franklin Brothers Nursery, Planet Fitness, TCS/Thermo King, United Sports Automotive & Tire Shops #1 & 2, and Woodforest Bank.
Advocate Sponsors are Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission and Union Bank. Promotional Sponsor is Servpro.
All concerts are free to the public and will be held at the corner of North Garnett and Breckenridge Streets from 5:30 until 8:30 p.m. Additional sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting the Chamber at (252) 438-8414 or email [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019