At the meeting of the Vance County Board of Education Monday night, Board of Education members who were re-elected in November were sworn in to serve new four-year terms.
Those receiving the oath were Gloria J. White, Ruth Hartness, Margaret Ellis and Darlynn Oxendine. The Honorable Henry Hight, Jr. administered the oath of office.
Each of the incumbent Democrats was unopposed in the general election.
In the May primary, Margaret Ellis defeated challenger Omega Perry with 75.92 percent of the votes. Ruth Hartness defeated Marcia Allen in the primary by earning 68.85 percent of the votes.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019