At the meeting of the Vance County Board of Education Monday night, Board of Education members who were re-elected in November were sworn in to serve new four-year terms.
Those receiving the oath were Gloria J. White, Ruth Hartness, Margaret Ellis and Darlynn Oxendine. The Honorable Henry Hight, Jr. administered the oath of office.
Each of the incumbent Democrats was unopposed in the general election.
In the May primary, Margaret Ellis defeated challenger Omega Perry with 75.92 percent of the votes. Ruth Hartness defeated Marcia Allen in the primary by earning 68.85 percent of the votes.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - March 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 19, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019