At the meeting of the Vance County Board of Education Monday night, Board of Education members who were re-elected in November were sworn in to serve new four-year terms.
Those receiving the oath were Gloria J. White, Ruth Hartness, Margaret Ellis and Darlynn Oxendine. The Honorable Henry Hight, Jr. administered the oath of office.
Each of the incumbent Democrats was unopposed in the general election.
In the May primary, Margaret Ellis defeated challenger Omega Perry with 75.92 percent of the votes. Ruth Hartness defeated Marcia Allen in the primary by earning 68.85 percent of the votes.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - January 16, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - January 15, 2019
- Breckenridge Pavilion Project Slowly, but Surely, Moving Ahead - January 14, 2019
- A TRIBUTE TO SAM WATKINS - January 6, 2019
- Man Shot Dead, HPD Asking For Assistance - January 6, 2019
- Re-Elected Board of Education Members Sworn In to New Terms - December 18, 2018
- Another Mexican Restaurant Burns! Habanero Grill Catches Fire in Early Morning Hours - December 17, 2018
- VGCC is closed on Wednesday, Dec. 12 - December 11, 2018
- Vance Co. Schools Out 12-12-18 For Students - December 11, 2018
- GCPS Changes Mind – No School for Students 12-12-18 - December 11, 2018