According to a press release from Henderson Police Chief Marcus Barrow, Saturday around 2 a.m. in the 400 block of Charles Street, shots were fired into a vehicle occupied by Ileana Jones, age 37, and two others.
Ileana Jones was struck by the gunfire and later succumbed to her injuries at a medical facility.
The suspect, Jarvis Dante Perry, age 23, had been in a domestic relationship with Ms. Jones.
Police are adamantly searching for Jarvis Dante Perry, and they are asking the community for help.
If you have information please call 911. You can request anonymity when you call if you wish. You can also call Henderson Police through Crime Stoppers at 252-492-1925 or by using the P3 app on your smartphone device. Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards of up to $2,000 for cases such as this.
Police Chief Barrow’s press release concluded by indicating the authorities currently have warrants for 1st degree Murder, and 2 counts of Attempted Murder.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019