100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Betty Boyd, First Baptist Church
The Second Thursday No Charge Food Distribution will be held on Thursday, February 13, 2020, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, off Beckford Drive in Henderson.
Participants remain in their vehicles and volunteers place a box of fresh fruits and vegetables inside the car at no cost to the recipient. No identification is required, and no information is collected.
An area partnership of St. James Missionary Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, NC Cooperative Extension Office, Vance County Social Services and the Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC, the monthly distribution supplements the food resources of the Vance County community.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020