100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Vance County Manager Jordan McMillen provided WIZS with the following summary of the Vance County Board of Commissioners’ meeting held Monday, September 9, 2019:
We had a few notable items from the meeting last night. The board authorized and approved a contract that will move our tax office forward in allowing online listings for businesses listing their personal property. We see this not only saving the County time and money but it will also make the process easier and more modern for businesses listing their property in the early part of each year.
In addition, the board approved donating our 1995 reserve fire engine to the Hicksboro Volunteer Fire Department. That was discussed last month and approved this month following the necessary notice requirements.
We introduced our new finance director Katherine Bigelow last night as well.
The highlight of the evening included trophy presentations by the Henderson-Vance Recreation Department for several softball and baseball teams.
On Wednesday, September 11, our Technology Committee will be meeting with Open Broadband to further the conversation on areas for potentially launching free WiFi hotspots. On the evening of Monday, September 16, we will be meeting with the fire association to discuss fire district boundaries.
Connect With The Author
- Candidate Forums Scheduled Throughout Granville County - September 18, 2019
- City of Henderson’s Loose Leaf Season Dates Announced - September 18, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Announces Fall 2019 Youth Programs - September 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Human Resources Committee to Meet Sept. 24 - September 18, 2019
- GCPS is ‘On The Move’ With Technology in Schools - September 18, 2019
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019