100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The American Red Cross, the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce and Vance-Granville Community College’s Small Business Center invite you to attend “Lunch Break to Educate: Disaster Preparedness and Your Small Business.”
Sponsored by Joel T. Cheatham Insurance, the lunch session will be held at Henderson Fire Department (211 Dabney Drive) from 12 – 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
According to the American Red Cross Ready Rating Program, as many as 40 percent of businesses fail following a disaster, and still, only 62 percent of small and medium-sized businesses have emergency plans in place.
This seminar will consist of a 15-20 minute Ready Rating presentation with question and answer segment. Ready Rating is a free, online American Red Cross program that allows businesses & organizations to either make an emergency preparedness plan or improve the one they already have.
All in one place, Ready Rating members have access to one-of-a-kind tools, resources and information for evaluating and improving their ability to withstand disaster, maintain operations, and protect lives and property.
Whether you are taking your first steps or have a fully-functioning emergency management program, the Ready Rating program can help you achieve a higher level of preparedness. Learn how at this event.
Speaker(s): Kelly Ferrell, Disaster Program Specialist and Jayla Burwell, Disaster Program Intern.
The first 15 to register will receive free lunch; $10 after first 15.
Online registration is required by visiting https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390037.
Connect With The Author
- Candidate Forums Scheduled Throughout Granville County - September 18, 2019
- City of Henderson’s Loose Leaf Season Dates Announced - September 18, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Announces Fall 2019 Youth Programs - September 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Human Resources Committee to Meet Sept. 24 - September 18, 2019
- GCPS is ‘On The Move’ With Technology in Schools - September 18, 2019
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019