100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The American Red Cross, the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce and Vance-Granville Community College’s Small Business Center invite you to attend “Lunch Break to Educate: Disaster Preparedness and Your Small Business.”
Sponsored by Joel T. Cheatham Insurance, the lunch session will be held at Henderson Fire Department (211 Dabney Drive) from 12 – 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
According to the American Red Cross Ready Rating Program, as many as 40 percent of businesses fail following a disaster, and still, only 62 percent of small and medium-sized businesses have emergency plans in place.
This seminar will consist of a 15-20 minute Ready Rating presentation with question and answer segment. Ready Rating is a free, online American Red Cross program that allows businesses & organizations to either make an emergency preparedness plan or improve the one they already have.
All in one place, Ready Rating members have access to one-of-a-kind tools, resources and information for evaluating and improving their ability to withstand disaster, maintain operations, and protect lives and property.
Whether you are taking your first steps or have a fully-functioning emergency management program, the Ready Rating program can help you achieve a higher level of preparedness. Learn how at this event.
Speaker(s): Kelly Ferrell, Disaster Program Specialist and Jayla Burwell, Disaster Program Intern.
The first 15 to register will receive free lunch; $10 after first 15.
Online registration is required by visiting https://www.ncsbc.net/workshop.aspx?ekey=530390037.
Connect With The Author
- Additions to VGCC Building Will Enhance Public Safety Training - November 21, 2019
- Law Enforcement Partnership Results in Franklin Co. Drug Arrest - November 21, 2019
- FREE ‘Tidings of Comfort and Joy’ Community Concert Coming to McGregor Hall - November 21, 2019
- Downtown Louisburg’s Tree Lighting Festivities to Include Visit From Santa - November 21, 2019
- Thornton Library Welcomes Children’s Author - November 21, 2019
- NC Pecan Growers Prevail With Good Crop for Thanksgiving - November 21, 2019
- VCS’ Dr. Anthony Jackson Named NC Superintendent of the Year - November 20, 2019
- Vance-Granville Community College Band to Present Winter Concert - November 20, 2019
- Fourth Annual Henderson-Vance Community Dinner to Offer Free Thanksgiving Meals - November 20, 2019
- 15th Annual Turkey Trot in Downtown Oxford to Benefit ACIM - November 20, 2019