100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Mayor Eddie Ellington has requested a Special Called meeting of the Henderson City Council on Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at 12 p.m. The meeting will be held at City Hall in the Multi-Purpose Room, 134 Rose Avenue in Henderson.
The purpose of the meeting is for consideration of contracting with a professional firm to assist with the hiring of the new City Manager.
Citizens are welcome to observe.
Ellington wrote in a message to WIZS News, “I have called a special City Council Meeting, Wednesday 21st at noon, to discuss further on moving forward with hiring a well known and respected search firm. The City Manager, City Attorney and I recommend that this is the best direction with the utmost need for confidentiality, professionalism, taking into consideration time constraints. The firm which has access to well established contacts, will do the vetting of the candidate pool, narrowing the top contenders of the most qualified, then the City Council along with myself will make the final decision.”
City Manager Frank Frazier wrote in a message to WIZS News, “After we looked at this closer, it was felt that we (the city) would be in a better position if we hired an outside firm to help with the recruitment process and more thoroughly evaluate the internal and external applications prior to moving toward the interview process. Overall it was felt that this would save some time but also be more able to keep the candidates confidentiality in place as well as the professionalism that was previously discussed with the League.”
Connect With The Author
- Second Suspect in Kittrell Food Mart Armed Robbery Arrested - February 21, 2020
- FREE Henderson Junior Firefighter Program Open to First 15 Participants - February 21, 2020
- MPH Relay For Life Team to Hold Quarter Auction, March Madness Buffet - February 21, 2020
- Granville Co. Activities: Feb. 22 – Feb. 29 - February 21, 2020
- Granville Chamber’s ‘Cluck ‘N Shuck’ Seafood Event Rescheduled for April - February 20, 2020
- Plank Chapel UMC Hosting Resources Brunch, Caregiving Discussion - February 20, 2020
- Henderson City Council to Hold Annual Strategic Planning Retreat - February 20, 2020
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - February 20, 2020
- Closings and Weather 02/20 – 02/21 - February 20, 2020
- George R. Watkins Receives United Way’s Sam Watkins Visionary Award - February 19, 2020