Updated HPD Press Release- July 11, 2019
Officers of the Henderson Police Department, in conjunction with the State Bureau of Investigations and other area law enforcement, are aggressively seeking information and witnesses to the shooting of 16-year-old Adonious Hawkins Jr. Adonious Hawkins Jr. succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of the morning at an area hospital.
Assistance from the public is vital in solving this case. We feel that we have strong leads in this heinous act and hope to find justice for the victim and his family.
Our officer, who was shot while investigating this case, is alert and hopefully on the path to recovery. Our agency has requested the State Bureau of Investigations to investigate this incident per normal procedures. The officer’s name will not be released by the Henderson Police Department.
We are asking for anyone with information to contact us through social media, Crime Stoppers (252) 492-1925, Henderson Police Department (252) 438-4141, the P3 App, or through the State Bureau of Investigations at (919) 779-8188 (day) or 1-800-334-3000 (nights and weekends).
We are truly grateful for the support shown by our citizens, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, Warren County Sheriff’s Office, Granville County Sheriff’s Office, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the SBI, and Federal Agencies.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- Second Suspect in Kittrell Food Mart Armed Robbery Arrested - February 21, 2020
- FREE Henderson Junior Firefighter Program Open to First 15 Participants - February 21, 2020
- MPH Relay For Life Team to Hold Quarter Auction, March Madness Buffet - February 21, 2020
- Granville Co. Activities: Feb. 22 – Feb. 29 - February 21, 2020
- Granville Chamber’s ‘Cluck ‘N Shuck’ Seafood Event Rescheduled for April - February 20, 2020
- Plank Chapel UMC Hosting Resources Brunch, Caregiving Discussion - February 20, 2020
- Henderson City Council to Hold Annual Strategic Planning Retreat - February 20, 2020
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - February 20, 2020
- Closings and Weather 02/20 – 02/21 - February 20, 2020
- George R. Watkins Receives United Way’s Sam Watkins Visionary Award - February 19, 2020