Updated HPD Press Release- July 11, 2019
Officers of the Henderson Police Department, in conjunction with the State Bureau of Investigations and other area law enforcement, are aggressively seeking information and witnesses to the shooting of 16-year-old Adonious Hawkins Jr. Adonious Hawkins Jr. succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of the morning at an area hospital.
Assistance from the public is vital in solving this case. We feel that we have strong leads in this heinous act and hope to find justice for the victim and his family.
Our officer, who was shot while investigating this case, is alert and hopefully on the path to recovery. Our agency has requested the State Bureau of Investigations to investigate this incident per normal procedures. The officer’s name will not be released by the Henderson Police Department.
We are asking for anyone with information to contact us through social media, Crime Stoppers (252) 492-1925, Henderson Police Department (252) 438-4141, the P3 App, or through the State Bureau of Investigations at (919) 779-8188 (day) or 1-800-334-3000 (nights and weekends).
We are truly grateful for the support shown by our citizens, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, Warren County Sheriff’s Office, Granville County Sheriff’s Office, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the SBI, and Federal Agencies.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019