Updated HPD Press Release- July 11, 2019
Officers of the Henderson Police Department, in conjunction with the State Bureau of Investigations and other area law enforcement, are aggressively seeking information and witnesses to the shooting of 16-year-old Adonious Hawkins Jr. Adonious Hawkins Jr. succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of the morning at an area hospital.
Assistance from the public is vital in solving this case. We feel that we have strong leads in this heinous act and hope to find justice for the victim and his family.
Our officer, who was shot while investigating this case, is alert and hopefully on the path to recovery. Our agency has requested the State Bureau of Investigations to investigate this incident per normal procedures. The officer’s name will not be released by the Henderson Police Department.
We are asking for anyone with information to contact us through social media, Crime Stoppers (252) 492-1925, Henderson Police Department (252) 438-4141, the P3 App, or through the State Bureau of Investigations at (919) 779-8188 (day) or 1-800-334-3000 (nights and weekends).
We are truly grateful for the support shown by our citizens, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, Warren County Sheriff’s Office, Granville County Sheriff’s Office, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the SBI, and Federal Agencies.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020