Updated HPD Press Release- July 11, 2019
Officers of the Henderson Police Department, in conjunction with the State Bureau of Investigations and other area law enforcement, are aggressively seeking information and witnesses to the shooting of 16-year-old Adonious Hawkins Jr. Adonious Hawkins Jr. succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of the morning at an area hospital.
Assistance from the public is vital in solving this case. We feel that we have strong leads in this heinous act and hope to find justice for the victim and his family.
Our officer, who was shot while investigating this case, is alert and hopefully on the path to recovery. Our agency has requested the State Bureau of Investigations to investigate this incident per normal procedures. The officer’s name will not be released by the Henderson Police Department.
We are asking for anyone with information to contact us through social media, Crime Stoppers (252) 492-1925, Henderson Police Department (252) 438-4141, the P3 App, or through the State Bureau of Investigations at (919) 779-8188 (day) or 1-800-334-3000 (nights and weekends).
We are truly grateful for the support shown by our citizens, the Vance County Sheriff’s Office, Warren County Sheriff’s Office, Granville County Sheriff’s Office, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the SBI, and Federal Agencies.
Authority: Chief M.W. Barrow
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019