-Press Release, North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
High Point Halal Meats in High Point is voluntarily recalling all production lots of chicken, lamb and beef products because they were produced without benefit of required inspections.
“Inspectors with the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ Meat and Poultry Inspection Division discovered uninspected meat and poultry products in commerce,” said Dr. Beth Yongue, director of the Meat and Poultry Inspection Division. This is a Class I recall where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death. Customers who purchased these products are urged not to consume them.”
The following products are subject to recall:
All chicken, lamb and beef products bearing a “High Point Halal Meats” label.
These items were shipped to retail stores within North Carolina. These products bear an NCDA inspection legend with the establishment number P-318.
Throw away these products or return them to the place of purchase. Consumers with questions about High Point Halal Meats products can call the facility at 336-802-0620 during business hours.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019