-Press Release, North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
High Point Halal Meats in High Point is voluntarily recalling all production lots of chicken, lamb and beef products because they were produced without benefit of required inspections.
“Inspectors with the N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ Meat and Poultry Inspection Division discovered uninspected meat and poultry products in commerce,” said Dr. Beth Yongue, director of the Meat and Poultry Inspection Division. This is a Class I recall where there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death. Customers who purchased these products are urged not to consume them.”
The following products are subject to recall:
All chicken, lamb and beef products bearing a “High Point Halal Meats” label.
These items were shipped to retail stores within North Carolina. These products bear an NCDA inspection legend with the establishment number P-318.
Throw away these products or return them to the place of purchase. Consumers with questions about High Point Halal Meats products can call the facility at 336-802-0620 during business hours.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019