-Press Release, Henderson Fire Department
The City of Henderson Fire Department has received a US $2,832 fire prevention grant from FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial property insurers.
FM Global representatives presented the award to Fire Chief Steve Cordell at the City of Henderson Fire Department Station 1 located at 211 Dabney Drive in Henderson, NC 27536. The award will be used to assist with fire prevention activities in the community to help educate the community and reduce the number of fires.
Cordell further indicated in correspondence with WIZS that the grant will go towards the purchase of a new Sparky costume that will be used to help educate and promote fire safety locally.
Because fire continues to be the leading cause of property damage worldwide, during the past 40 years FM Global has contributed millions of dollars in fire prevention grants to fire service organizations around the globe. Locally, the company has awarded grants to a number of North Carolina–based organizations.
“At FM Global, we strongly believe the majority of property damage is preventable, not inevitable,” said Michael Spaziani, assistant vice president/manager of the fire prevention grant program. “Far too often, inadequate budgets prevent those organizations working to prevent fires from being as proactive as they would like to be. With additional financial support, grant recipients are actively helping to improve property risk in the communities they serve.”
Through its Fire Prevention Grant Program, FM Global awards grants to fire departments—as well as national, state, regional, local and community organizations worldwide—that best demonstrate a need for funding, where dollars can have the most demonstrable impact on preventing fire, or mitigating the damage it can quickly cause.
To learn more about FM Global’s Fire Prevention Grant Program and other resources for the fire service, please visit www.fmglobal.com/fireservice.
Connect With The Author
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 79 Students to Fall Semester President’s List - April 18, 2019
- Reminder: Eichner to Perform at McGregor Hall Friday Evening - April 18, 2019
- Troxler Encourages Horse Owners to Vaccinate Against Mosquito-Borne Diseases - April 18, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff Partners With ALE to Make Drug Arrests, Seizures - April 18, 2019
- Kerr Lake Set for T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League Tournament - April 17, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Recent Untreated Wastewater Discharges - April 17, 2019