100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Esther J. McCrackin, City Clerk, City of Henderson, NC
The Henderson City Council will hold a reorganizational meeting on Monday, December 9, 2019, beginning at 6 p.m. in the R.G. (Chick) Young, Jr. Council Chambers of the Municipal Building located at 134 Rose Avenue in Henderson, NC.
Agenda items include:
Public Hearing – Consideration of Approval of Ordinance 19-50, Regulating the Use of Golf Carts and Low-Speed Vehicles on City Streets.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution, 19-53, Receiving the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for FY Ending 30 June 2019.
Consideration of Approval of Resolution 19-40-B, Authorizing the Sale of a Parcel of City-Owned Land Located at 725 Roberson Street, Recorded in Vance County Tax Deed Book 1164, Page 212, Further Identified as PIN #0068 01014 of the Vance County Registry.
a) Pursuant to G.S.§143-318.11 (a)(3) regarding an Attorney-Client Matter.
b) Pursuant to G.S.§143-318.11 (a)(6) regarding a Personnel Matter.
REORGANIZATION OF COUNCIL
a) Presentations to and Remarks by Outgoing Council Member George M. Daye.
b) Swearing in of Newly Elected Council Members:
– Marion B. Williams
– D. Mike Rainey
– Melissa Elliott
– Jason Spriggs
– Eddie Ellington
a) Appointment of Mayor Pro Tempore.
b) Appointment of City Manager Frank Frazier, City Attorney D. Rix Edwards and City Clerk Esther J. McCrackin.
c) Consideration of Approval of 1) Resolution 19-54, Authorizing the Final Adjusting Change Order for the Young Avenue AC Waterline Replacement Project; and 2) Ordinance 19-53, FY 19 BA #10, Amending the Budget for the Young Avenue AC Waterline Replacement Project Final Adjusting Change Order.
d) Consideration of Approval of Tax Releases and Refunds from Vance County for the Month of October 2019.
a) Consideration of Ordinance 19-52, Imposing a 60-Day Moratorium on Approval of the Establishment or Operation of New Electronic Gaming Operations to Allow Review by the City.
b) Consideration of Ordinance 19-49, Amending Zoning Ordinance Section 611B Domiciliary Homes, Family Care Homes, Home for the Aged and Disabled, Group Homes for Developmentally Disabled Adults and Nursing Homes.
c) Consideration of Resolution 19-55, Authorizing the City to Enter into an Agreement with the UNC School of Government, Development Finance Initiative Unit, for Technical Services Related to City Redevelopment in the Amount of $127,550.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020