100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Message from Michele Burgess, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce President:
Our Chamber was one of four in the state to be asked to host “Hometown Debate – Delivery of Medical Services.” This is a televised series that will be aired across NC by Spectrum News.
It is being sponsored by the North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership, a non-partisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate future political and community leaders in modern campaign strategy, ethical decision making, and governance, such that its participants will have a sound grounding in ethical behavior, consensus building, and cooperative and collaborative leadership. This is their 33rd year of operation.
John Hood is the chairman of their Board of Directors and works for the John William Pope Foundation. He also writes a column that appears in The Daily Dispatch newspaper. The NC-IOPL has a new Executive Director, Brad Young.
This forum will be held in the Civic Center at VGCC in Henderson on Thursday, October 17, 2019, from 7 – 8 p.m. There will be an opportunity to meet and speak with the participants afterward.
The moderator will be Loretta Boniti, news anchor with Spectrum News – Channel 14.
There are four panelists – Legislator Donna McDowell White from Johnston County, a former nurse; Legislator Maryann Black from Durham County, the Vice President of Community Relations at Duke Health Systems; policy expert Jordan Roberts with the John Locke Foundation and Gregory Griggs with the NC Academy of Family Physicians.
The Chamber Board has endorsed this event. Tanya Evans spoke with the Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce, who has hosted in the past, and I have spoken with the Asheboro Chamber of Commerce, who has hosted in the past, and we both got great reviews on how this was a progressive move for their Chamber, the debate/forum was very interesting and they received good publicity from hosting it.
Bert Beard, CEO of Maria Parham Health, spoke personally with John Hood and endorsed it as well.
Please encourage your board members, governmental officials, civic club members and any other organizations you may be involved with to please send representatives.
Connect With The Author
- City Council’s Nov. Meeting to Include Public Hearing on Zoning Amendment - November 15, 2019
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Launches New Governance Structure - November 15, 2019
- Downtown Henderson to Hold Holiday Window Decorating Contest - November 15, 2019
- Living With Joint Pain? Join MPH for a FREE Lunch & Learn Event - November 15, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Meet Mon., Nov 18 - November 15, 2019
- Oxford Prep PTO to Hold 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar Sat., Nov. 16 - November 15, 2019
- NC Farms Open for Winter Events - November 15, 2019
- VGCC Awards Scholarships to 349 Students - November 14, 2019
- U.S. 158 Bridge in Granville County Opens - November 14, 2019
- Don’t Miss VCRFM’s Annual Handcrafted Holiday Market This Saturday! - November 14, 2019