100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
The Granville County Register of Deeds will soon be providing veterans with a FREE service through the “Thank A Vet” program. Beginning November 12, a photo ID card will be offered that can be used for discounts at participating businesses in Granville County.
This service will be available to all veterans who register, or have already registered, their DD-214 form.
To register, veterans should bring a valid, state-issued driver’s license or identification card, such as their military ID, and an original DD-14 form.
If the DD-14 form has already been registered with the Granville County Register of Deeds office, record verification will be provided prior to issuing this “Thank A Vet” photo identification card.
The Granville County Register of Deeds office is located at 101 Main Street in Oxford, inside the Courthouse building. Hours for issuing these cards will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Members of Granville County’s Veterans Affairs Committee will be distributing flyers pertaining to this program at the annual Military History Show at the Henderson-Oxford Airport (Oct. 26) and the Annual Veterans Parade in Downtown Oxford (Nov. 10).
Registration is going on now. A list of participating businesses will be provided when the photo ID card is issued.
Those with questions about this FREE photo ID service should contact Kathy Taylor, Granville County Register of Deeds, at [email protected] or at 919-693-6314.
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020