100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
The Granville County Register of Deeds will soon be providing veterans with a FREE service through the “Thank A Vet” program. Beginning November 12, a photo ID card will be offered that can be used for discounts at participating businesses in Granville County.
This service will be available to all veterans who register, or have already registered, their DD-214 form.
To register, veterans should bring a valid, state-issued driver’s license or identification card, such as their military ID, and an original DD-14 form.
If the DD-14 form has already been registered with the Granville County Register of Deeds office, record verification will be provided prior to issuing this “Thank A Vet” photo identification card.
The Granville County Register of Deeds office is located at 101 Main Street in Oxford, inside the Courthouse building. Hours for issuing these cards will be Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Members of Granville County’s Veterans Affairs Committee will be distributing flyers pertaining to this program at the annual Military History Show at the Henderson-Oxford Airport (Oct. 26) and the Annual Veterans Parade in Downtown Oxford (Nov. 10).
Registration is going on now. A list of participating businesses will be provided when the photo ID card is issued.
Those with questions about this FREE photo ID service should contact Kathy Taylor, Granville County Register of Deeds, at [email protected] or at 919-693-6314.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019