Free, Fresh Food Distribution Thurs, Feb 15, 2018
The First Baptist Church of Henderson, NC will coordinate a fresh food distribution on Thursday, February 15 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. It will take place at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, located at 210 Southpark Drive, off Beckford Drive.
First Baptist volunteer Betty Boyd said, “This is the same distribution that St. James Missionary Baptist Church has organized and coordinated. They have been offering this service every other month. They asked First Baptist to partner with them to bring this food distribution to the area all year. We are excited about the opportunity to supplement food resources for around 200 families each month.”
The food distribution is open to anyone and is on a first come/first served basis. Citizens coming to the distribution are asked to remain in their car. Police and Sheriff’s Department personnel will direct traffic into the Farmer’s Market parking lot.
Boyd said, “The distributions that I have volunteered for with St. James Baptist have usually ended around 11:15 a.m. when they have given out all boxes. If a car has two adults, they will receive two boxes of food. We are very excited to be able to bring this supplement of fresh vegetables and fruits to our community!”
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - May 24, 2018
- Current Public Service Announcements - May 22, 2018
- Relay for Life Auction Saturday, May 19 - May 18, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - May 17, 2018
- Jim Crawford Recognized as George R. Watkins Citizen of the Year - May 11, 2018
- SHPHC Youth Fundraiser TODAY! - May 4, 2018
- 2018 National Day of Prayer Noon Service Audio - May 3, 2018
- WIZS Beach Music Blast Debut - April 30, 2018
- Take Back North Carolina Initiative Press Conf - April 25, 2018
- Candidates Forum for May 8, 2018 Primary (Audio) - April 23, 2018