Free, Fresh Food Distribution Thurs, Feb 15, 2018
The First Baptist Church of Henderson, NC will coordinate a fresh food distribution on Thursday, February 15 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. It will take place at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market, located at 210 Southpark Drive, off Beckford Drive.
First Baptist volunteer Betty Boyd said, “This is the same distribution that St. James Missionary Baptist Church has organized and coordinated. They have been offering this service every other month. They asked First Baptist to partner with them to bring this food distribution to the area all year. We are excited about the opportunity to supplement food resources for around 200 families each month.”
The food distribution is open to anyone and is on a first come/first served basis. Citizens coming to the distribution are asked to remain in their car. Police and Sheriff’s Department personnel will direct traffic into the Farmer’s Market parking lot.
Boyd said, “The distributions that I have volunteered for with St. James Baptist have usually ended around 11:15 a.m. when they have given out all boxes. If a car has two adults, they will receive two boxes of food. We are very excited to be able to bring this supplement of fresh vegetables and fruits to our community!”
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - February 20, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - February 20, 2018
- Master Gardener Symposium March 24 – Registration Required - February 19, 2018
- West End Community Watch Meeting Tues, Feb 20, 2018 - February 19, 2018
- Oxford Prep Set to Host 4th Mattress Sale Fundraiser - February 19, 2018
- VGCC Vanguards to play JV Tar Heels at Dean Dome - February 19, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - February 14, 2018
- Kittrell Community Watch Meeting Thurs, Feb 15, 2018 - February 13, 2018
- VGCC Honors Retired Faculty and Staff - February 13, 2018
- Meeting Student/Parent Needs in the 21st Century - February 12, 2018