On March 10, 2018, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit, partnering with the NC Department of Public Safety division of Probation and the State Bureau of Investigation, arrested Christopher Dufrasne, a Franklin County resident on multiple drug charges. Christopher Dufrasne was charged with the following: one (1) count of Possession of Methamphetamines, one (1) count of Manufacture Methamphetamines, one (1) count of Maintain a Vehicle/Dwelling for the Purpose of Manufacturing Methamphetamines and six (6) Counts of Possessing Methamphetamine Precursors for the purpose of Manufacturing. These charges came as a result of a search warrant that was executed at Dufrasne’s residence located at 105 Timberline Drive, Franklinton, NC.
During the search, Detectives discovered evidence of a Meth Lab and precursors associated with the manufacture of Methamphetamines. The State Bureau of Investigation Clandestine lab Team was called to the scene to dispose of the hazardous materials.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “This is another example of the continued emphasis that the Sheriff’s Office is putting on eliminating illegal drug activity in our county. We appreciate the continued partnerships with outside agencies and will
continue to utilize these relationships to make our county safer.”
Christopher Dufrasne is currently being held in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond.
The investigation is on-going. For more information, contact Sgt. Ken Pike at 919-496-2511.
— submitted by Terry M. Wright, Chief of Staff
Connect With The Author
- Help Needed in Identifying F-150 Involved in Vance Construction Theft - December 14, 2018
- NC General Assembly Approves Deadline Extension for Agricultural Disaster Program - December 14, 2018
- Elevated Flood Risk for All of Central NC Through Early Next Week - December 14, 2018
- H-V Chamber & VGCC Partner to Present WOVEN – Networking Opportunities for Women - December 14, 2018
- Vance Co. Deputies Arrest Four on Charges of Narcotics Sales & Use - December 13, 2018
- Calling All Emerging Community Leaders: Time to Apply for Leadership Vance 2019 - December 13, 2018
- Public Hearing on Possible Middle School Consolidation Slated for Dec. 18 - December 13, 2018
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Nans Lane Break-In - December 13, 2018
- Back by Popular Demand: Masters of Soul to Return to McGregor Hall - December 13, 2018
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Locates, Arrests Six Local Absconders - December 12, 2018