— Press Release
Franklin County welcomes the expansion of Atlantic Corporation of Wilmington Inc. (Atlantic Packaging) at 165 Weathers Street in Youngsville. Atlantic Packaging is one of the most technically advanced packaging resource in North America, with capabilities in manufacturing, distribution, consulting and technical service.
Atlantic Packaging is expanding its 45,008-square foot warehouse and logistical operation with plans to construct a new 33,000 square foot facility off U.S. Highway 1. This $1.65 million expansion will increase its logistical capacity with new space for distribution.
The company is one of Franklin County’s largest logistical employers with 38 full-time employees. This expansion will create at least four new jobs with an average hourly wage of $17.53 plus benefits.
“Franklin County continues to offer an attractive location for logistical companies with our proximity to main distribution routes,” stated Richie Duncan, Director of Franklin County Economic Development. “Atlantic Packaging’s continued investment further demonstrates our strength in meeting the demands of industry within the Research Triangle region.”
Atlantic Packaging’s Youngsville facility opened in 2008 and serves the east coast United States by providing packaged product solutions for the pharmaceutical, automotive, food, cosmetics and various other industries. Youngsville’s operation is one of Atlantic Packaging’s 20 locations across the United States, Dominican Republic and Honduras.
“We are excited to continue to grow our industrial packaging presence at our Youngsville location in Franklin County,” said Steve Rafferty, Vice President and General Manager of Atlantic Packaging. “Market demand for our products is creating this expansion opportunity for our location to better serve our key industrial markets. We extend our appreciation to Franklin County for their support for our operation.”
Atlantic Packaging’s expansion will be facilitated by a local Franklin County cash grant incentive of $49,500 paid over a four-year period after taxes are paid and requirements are fulfilled.
“Great things are continuing to happen in Franklin County,” said Cedric Jones, Chairman of the Franklin County Board of Commissioners. “We are excited Atlantic Packaging is continuing to grow their presence here with jobs and tax base for our citizens and county.”
About Atlantic Corporation of Wilmington Inc:
Atlantic Corporation of Wilmington Inc. was founded over 70 years ago and has evolved as the market leader in industrial packaging and in customized converted products, always guided by our customers’ needs. Visit www.atlanticpkg.com for more information.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018
- Henderson Institute Historical Museum to Host ‘Great Gatsby Gala’ at KLCC - November 12, 2018
- Yoga, Slide N Glide & Youth Basketball Extended at Aycock Rec. Center - November 12, 2018
- Leah Hinton to Perform at ‘A Night of Jazz Benefit Concert’ - November 12, 2018
- Reminder: Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Tour District 5 - November 12, 2018