-Information and weather chart courtesy Brian K. Short, Director of Emergency Operations, Henderson-Vance County Emergency Operations and Ready NC
Below is a briefing slide from the National Weather Service regarding a significant storm system that will affect our area over the weekend. The storm is still a few days away, making a definitive forecast difficult, but all indications are that we could receive significant snowfall before the system moves out on Monday.
A mixture of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow are possible depending on the timing and where exactly the low pressure tracks along our coast. Again, while nothing is certain, confidence is high that we could see a significant winter event with this storm.
We will continue to forward along additional information as it is received. Please visit www.weather.gov/raleigh anytime for updated information.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC President, Student Leader Celebrate College’s 50th Graduating Class - May 24, 2019
- Vance Co. Early College High School Graduates 33 Seniors - May 24, 2019
- Creedmoor Man Sentenced to 27 Years on Child Pornography Charges - May 24, 2019
- Opening/Dedication of VCRFM’s Memorial Garden Scheduled for June 12 - May 24, 2019
- Michael East Confirmed as US Marshal for NC’s Eastern District - May 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering High Energy Aerobics Class - May 24, 2019
- New Covenant Christian Center Looking for a Music Minister, Keyboard Player - May 24, 2019
- Warren Co. to Hold ‘Listening Session’ on Mental Health, Substance Misuse - May 24, 2019
- Dabney Drive Drug Arrest Made on Youngsville Man - May 23, 2019
- Durham Woman Sentenced for Heroin Distribution in Henderson - May 23, 2019