-Information and weather chart courtesy Brian K. Short, Director of Emergency Operations, Henderson-Vance County Emergency Operations and Ready NC
Below is a briefing slide from the National Weather Service regarding a significant storm system that will affect our area over the weekend. The storm is still a few days away, making a definitive forecast difficult, but all indications are that we could receive significant snowfall before the system moves out on Monday.
A mixture of rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow are possible depending on the timing and where exactly the low pressure tracks along our coast. Again, while nothing is certain, confidence is high that we could see a significant winter event with this storm.
We will continue to forward along additional information as it is received. Please visit www.weather.gov/raleigh anytime for updated information.
Connect With The Author
- Help Needed in Identifying F-150 Involved in Vance Construction Theft - December 14, 2018
- NC General Assembly Approves Deadline Extension for Agricultural Disaster Program - December 14, 2018
- Elevated Flood Risk for All of Central NC Through Early Next Week - December 14, 2018
- H-V Chamber & VGCC Partner to Present WOVEN – Networking Opportunities for Women - December 14, 2018
- Vance Co. Deputies Arrest Four on Charges of Narcotics Sales & Use - December 13, 2018
- Calling All Emerging Community Leaders: Time to Apply for Leadership Vance 2019 - December 13, 2018
- Public Hearing on Possible Middle School Consolidation Slated for Dec. 18 - December 13, 2018
- Woman Wanted for Questioning in Nans Lane Break-In - December 13, 2018
- Back by Popular Demand: Masters of Soul to Return to McGregor Hall - December 13, 2018
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Locates, Arrests Six Local Absconders - December 12, 2018